TMI question!

Options
Hello. This is SUPER TMI! So if your going to be snarky about it, move on.

Ok, So since I have been following a healthier diet, if I eat anything besides protein and veggies.. like anything with butter or salt or grease, I IMMEDIATELY sh++ myself. Like, right then.

No, I am not taking any type of weird supplement, nor am I doing anything crazy that would explain this. Is this just my body being mad and thinking I have to be healthy all the time, or what is up with this? Will my body get over it? And people, I am not exaggerating. Any help here?

Replies

• Chrissy_Ivers
    Options
    That happens. It just goes to show that your body likes the healthy diet better and by bringing back the junk you're not doing yourself a favour. I mean, it's not serious, and if you keep eating, your bowels will get back into a steady relationship with junk, but I think you wouldn't want that. Your body's giving you a clear sign - accept it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Sounds like food sensitivities to me. I have a list of things that spend very little time between one end of my digestive tract and the other. Walnuts. Give 'em 15 minutes and I'm in the loo. Pecans, I can probably last 30. If I avoid the things that I'm sensitive to, I don't run to the loo at inopportune moments, I don't wake up in the night and chug Mylanta, and perhaps most importantly, I no longer get sinus infections!

So, try to keep track of what you react to and eliminate it from your diet. I bet the problem goes away.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    So if you roast your veggies with 1 tablespoon of oil it immediately affects you? Or are you talking about a lot of oil?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If it was giving you cramps and sending you to the washroom, that could be deemed fairly normal, but you're actually having accidents? I would recommend you talk to your doctor.
  • auntiecorri
    Options
    Do you have any gallbladder problems? Since I had my gallbladder removed, I can not eat anything remotely fatty (especially sausage) without it going through me in 10-15 minutes.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yea. Certain richer foods do it for me if I haven't eaten them in a while. Lobster and steak together, for example. I don't think I'm alone with this one though, as some friends and I have wrought some real havoc to a public rest room after sharing this meal. Fortunately, I wasn't the last one in.

It's not healthy vs. unhealthy food. It's nothing to worry about. Just be aware of it and avoid those foods unless you're close to a "solution." Or, it could be a real food sensitivity issue or food poisoning. Talk to your M.D. if you're really concerned.
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    MamaDuckN2MamaWow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body is saying enough....I used to have IBS-type symptoms with certain seasonings, raw/under cooked carrots, and corn. Now that I am eating healthier, I don't have any issues with carrots or seasonings, but I still stay away from corn. (I was once told that I was allergic to corn, yet ate the stuff and didn't think I was bothering myself.) I also have noticed that I won't go to the bathroom if I have anything with bread or flour in it, so I am in the process of leaving breads, pastas, & flour out of my diet.

Try finding alternatives for the butter/oil and see if that helps - if not, maybe ask your doctor if it bothers you enough.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It is not normal to lose complete control of your bowels.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If it was giving you cramps and sending you to the washroom, that could be deemed fairly normal, but you're actually having accidents? I would recommend you talk to your doctor.

This.

If it's the cramps (I call it bubble gut) this is very common when you haven't eaten a certain type of food for a long period of them. Your gut flora changes depending on your diet. If you routinely eat a lot of greasy foods, your flora will have high populations of bacteria that are good at breaking this down. If you then stop for a long period of time, those populations die off so when you indulge again, there just aren't enough of them to deal with the sudden increase.

This is the most common reason people experience this sort of issue. However, If you're just losing control of your bowels almost immediately after eating the food, you might have issues that go beyond the normal gut flora re-calibration and you should see a doctor about it.
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have an upset stomach within minutes of eating certain foods, and it passes through completely undigested, but I also have a diagnosed condition that explains it. It's worth a trip to the doctor. Especially if you're losing complete control, there's something very very wrong going on there.
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input!! I think im going to watch it for a bit, since the majority of you say that its a normal type of thing. If it gets worse or changes, I will contact the MD. Thanks!!