Question about the scale?

Options
When is the right time to weight your self? Ive heard first thing when you wake up is the best results.

In the AM I weight in at 202-203

After eating breakfast having a snack I hit the gym and go down to 200-199

then have dinner and ill end at 202

So how much do I weight?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    the same time, every time, under the same conditions.

ETA: and stop weighing so damn much, you'll give yourself a complex. You're going to shift throughout the day. It's a normal thing.
  • Kristine6475
    Options
    The scale is sort of arbitrary. To be honest it's not a good measure of your fitness at all. If you are looking to lose inches, you should be measuring yourself rather than weighing.

That being said, measure yourself at the same time every time under the same conditions. I do it naked with my rings and glasses on, my hair up, first thing in the morning after I pee. Being consistent is all that really matters.
  • Jenn_lynn330
    Options
    I don't weight my self all the time fairly about once a week. I've been stuck at the same weight for a while now and actually gave up on the scale. I'm showing results in my pants and clothes, I'm happy with my results just wanted to know since I am new to this website it asked for my starting weight and wasn't sure if I should have put 202 or 199.. I just put 202 since that's my weight in the morning.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You weigh between approximately 199 and 203. I weigh between approximately 256 and 259 this week. The weight of all of us varies by day of week, time of day, for cycling women time of month, what we ate yesterday, what we did yesterday, etc. etc. etc.

So pick a time to weigh and a frequency of weighing that works for you. I weigh first thing-ish in the morning -- after dressing and getting to the kitchen. Works for me. And daily. Reminds me that I am to pay attention every day. But that is ONLY what works for me. You do what works for you.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I don't weight my self all the time fairly about once a week. I've been stuck at the same weight for a while now and actually gave up on the scale. I'm showing results in my pants and clothes, I'm happy with my results just wanted to know since I am new to this website it asked for my starting weight and wasn't sure if I should have put 202 or 199.. I just put 202 since that's my weight in the morning.
    Then stick with the 202... and eat back more of your exercise calories.

Are you weighing your food? Measuring it accurately? Weighing more isn't going to miraculously make the number on the scale change.

How long have you been "stuck"
  • Jenn_lynn330
    Options
    "Then stick with the 202... and eat back more of your exercise calories.

Are you weighing your food? Measuring it accurately? Weighing more isn't going to miraculously make the number on the scale change.

How long have you been "stuck""

I only weigh out my meat
    Ive been stuck for about a month now. :( Im struggling to get under that 200
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I only weigh out my meat
    So if you can measure it, weigh it.... do it. Weigh your meat, weigh your peanut butter.. weigh whatever else. If it's not labeled exactly.. like.. Hey, here.. have 2 slices of bread for 90 calories, then put it on the scale. Don't trust the generic entries in the food diary. You know, anything with an * by the name.

Measure liquids in measuring cups. Everything else touches the food scale.
  • Jenn_lynn330
    Options
    I only weigh out my meat
    So if you can measure it, weigh it.... do it. Weigh your meat, weigh your peanut butter.. weigh whatever else. If it's not labeled exactly.. like.. Hey, here.. have 2 slices of bread for 90 calories, then put it on the scale. Don't trust the generic entries in the food diary. You know, anything with an * by the name.

Measure liquids in measuring cups. Everything else touches the food scale.

Ok will do thank you for the advice :smile: