I never thought I could do it!!

Options
13»

Replies

• gotchakatja
    gotchakatja Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. I hope I can reach that same level of fitness at some point. :]
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments its made me more motivated to keep going! I have had my fair share of ups and downs! well first I lost 10kgs and I was a smoker and then I put all that back on again and then I moved away near the beach away from all my friends who smoked so I gave up smoking because I had a new found love for fitness and I was determined to lose the 10kgs I put back on plus more! Being in a new place I had a huge fresh start. I quit smoking and changed my whole lifestyle and I was very determined and especially living near the beach I really wanted to get in shape! My calorie intake has always changed lol. At first I started off on 1200 calories and I was shocked at how many calories I was actually eating at first and I found it a but restrictive but then when I started to lose and I read up and learnt a lot from different posts from people on here on the forums and that if you eat too low for too long your body will get used to it and you need more food if you are going to increase fitness levels so I upped my calories and I was eating at about 1800 for a while and I started lifting really heavy weights and I followed intermittent fasting for a while (leangains.com) and I found that fitted well for me. Then I was eating around 1500 for a while and then I stopped logging for months because I thought I had learnt what to eat and what not to eat. I was exercising the whole time I find its mostly your diet and lifting really heavy that is most effective with some High intensity interval cardio in between. I was mostly doing barbell deadlifts at around 70-80kgs, Barbell squats at about 60kgs and I love doing the leg press machine I do about 160kgs at the moment. I do love to run as well its one of my most favourite things to do!! I used running as a way to explore my new home after I moved away and I went for long runs along the beach and I found some awesome running trails and lookouts around too. When it comes down to it you just have to be consistent and honest with yourself and if you have a bad day dont get depressed because tomorrow is always a new day where you can keep working towards your goals!! and I never ever weigh myself on the scales!!!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    From the before photo to the after photo was about a years worth of healthy eating and exercising with some bad days in between. I have made it a lifestyle instead of a quick fix and I have been progressing slowly.
  • Take24Life
    Options
    Great job and good inspirational post. Hard work, dedication have led to a new lifestyle and new you, congrats!!
  • BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You looking amazing! Awesome job!
  • Lovelovesme
    Lovelovesme Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing x
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome job well done - you look fabulous!!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Very inspiring and just what I wanted to see today, you should be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!