"Wet cupping" NSFW!!!! Great for back pain o-O

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zp2mFQw6MM

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED......

From Wikipedia....

Wet-cupping has been shown to be effective in the nonspecific low back pain.[8] It has also been shown to possibly decrease the frequency of headaches.[9][unreliable medical source?] Studies have also shown some evidence that it may be effective in the treatment of post-herpetic neuralgia

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Um, eff no!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    NSFW, hell! That is not safe to watch after dinner! I just want to slap you, Steve:sick: :sick: :sick:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The hell? Um. . . no.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Dude!
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    People do crazy things.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    damn it - - i thought it was going to be something akin to 2 girls 1 cup or whatever that was.
    Um i seriously want to puke my intestines up - - and i only watched like 2 seconds of it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Can someone say what it is? Because judging by your reactions looking isn't a good idea.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I thought bleeding went out with the development of modern medicine.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Can someone say what it is? Because judging by your reactions looking isn't a good idea.

Yeah. .don't look. .
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    I thought bleeding went out with the development of modern medicine.

Apparently not in Singapore. .
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Oh the joys of craptastic 'medicine' of yesteryear.

It's basically blood letting but with suction cups. They mention removing 'dead blood'.

This reaffirms that while western medicine has many, many areas it could improve, it at least no longer has superstition as its basis.
  • brower47
    Options
    If it works, then great. It's a bit unconventional though. I think conventional medicine has it's head up it butt. Who knows? We really know very little about the body and how things work.

I know that getting hickeys never relived any illnesses I had. I'm pretty sure bleeding hickeys wouldn't either.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    damn it - - i thought it was going to be something akin to 2 girls 1 cup or whatever that was.
    Um i seriously want to puke my intestines up - - and i only watched like 2 seconds of it.

Wait, 2 girls 1 cup DOESN'T want to make you puke up your intestines??? LOL
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,926 Member
    Options
    The modern version of leaches?
  • brower47
    Options
    If it works, then great. It's a bit unconventional though. I think conventional medicine has it's head up it butt. Who knows? We really know very little about the body and how things work.

I know that getting hickeys never relived any illnesses I had. I'm pretty sure bleeding hickeys wouldn't either.

It's easy to be cynical. But, you never know. If you had an illness that no one could could solve, and this seemed to relieve the pain, you might just become a believer. Judging is easy. Walking in others shoes is a bit tougher.

There were a lot of open minded individuals like yourself back in the middle/dark ages and they 'cured' all sorts of sicknesses with blood letting just like this. I think there's enough evidence that draining the body of its blood while sick does not improve health but compromises it.

But we know what the purpose of blood is today. We know that there isn't 'bad blood' caused by sin and the devil that needs to be drained. We know that blood seeping from open wounds is not dead (as is claimed by this video). We know its function and understand how it affects different parts of the body. They didn't know that back then so they get a pass. They had no choice but to guess. Fortunately, we don't have to guess about something as cut and dry as this one.

Are there some alternative medicine practices that could be useful that we don't fully understand? Sure but this isn't one of them.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That is just nasty......ewww
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Um gross....:sick: