Looking for motivation and friends :)

Options
Hi, I'm Amie. I've always been teased about my weight and I've decided that I'm going to make a change for the better!

CW- 177 lbs
GW- 130 lbs

I started losing weight on and off since May. So far I've lost 19 lbs but I want to focus myself and lose weight a little more efficiently. I joined MFP a while ago but haven't really committed to using it. So here I am, trying to get the hang of this site.

I have another 50 lbs to lose so I'll be sticking around here for a while. Anyone who wants to add me, feel free. I'll help motivate you too and hopefully we can lose weight together. :)
Thanks!

Replies

• Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey Amie

I've always been teased about my weight too. Doesn't feel too good :(
    19 pounds is a great loss! Congrats.
    I just started using MFP again.
    Added you :)
  • macismom81
    Options
    I've always been teased too! Even by my own mom when I was just a kid. I have 30 pounds to lose. Dissapointing since 3 years ago I was 188 pounds and after over a year of hard work lost 56 pounds! Well, a year and a half later, here I am 170 pounds. I gotta get to work before I am right back where I started.
  • macismom81
    Options
    We have about the same amount of weight to lose. :)

CW: 170
    GW: 140

Good job on the 19 lbs! That is great and I bet it really helps keep you motivated. :)
  • otai1
    otai1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I would love to be friends with you ladies. I have the same weight goals, would like to loose 30 pounds. I too had lost 30 pounds bout 8 years ago and gained about 25 back in the last 5 years!

Lets motivate each other!

Tai
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me! I've gone from 160 to 140 on here and now i'm hoping to lose a bit more (:
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, I shot up to 240lbs and I've got a little boy who's just turned 1 so I want to drop the weight so I can actually go out and be active with him. So far so good - I weighed in at 198.8 this morning, so I'm 0.5lbs away from a 3 stone loss :smile:
  • fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    we have a similar starting and goal weight :) i'll add you!
  • caitlinashe511
    caitlinashe511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for motivation and friends as well! I actually had been thin my entire life up until junior year of college when I ballooned... I've changed a lot of habits but not all of the weight has come off. Using MFP to learn about what kinds of calories I'm eating (mainly sugar, I assume haha!) and to get me on track to lose these last 13 lbs. I run and bike a lot and am trying to increase flexibility and muscle toning by yoga, pilates, and some work out videos.

CW - 138
    GW - 125

BTW I am currently living in Africa and will be moving back to America in about a month! Wowza. I want to make jaws drop when I get home (and then really get to my GW because finding enough protein here is TOUGH!).

Please add me! I'd love to work towards these goals together!
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Options
    That awesome! Yes, I'll add you to help you stay motivated and on track towards your goals. I'm glad that you've made the commitment to changing yourself for the better. You can do it!