Looking for a martial arts type workout

Options
I finished Insanity and now I want to do a workout that I can also learn self defense skills from. I've done Billy Blanks' videos before but got bored because I did them every day for almost a year.

I prefer something that doesn't need equipment. I'm looking into Les Mills Combat nonetheless because it looks pretty good.

Replies

• haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well I have done two rounds of Insanity, P90X, BodyBeast, and now Les Mills Combat. Imlove all these programs and what they have done for me. I have lost 60 lbs and 9 1/2 inches on my waist. Please let me know what you need I willmbe willing to help you. Hope to hear from you soon. Robert
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You should look into TapouT XT and Rush Fit as well. They are both based on MMA and much like Les Mills Combat cover different disciplines. I have TapouT XT and LM Combat but have not worked my way into them. Other programs and plans are in the works first.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I'll look into Les Mills first and the others. I'll be in touch, Robert.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Can you go to a class somewhere nearby or are you only looking for home workouts?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Take martial arts, something like Brazilian Jiujitsu or Muay Thai.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    To answer the question, yes I was looking for a home workout.
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have done Budokon at times. It's yoga and martial arts. I think I picked the DVD's up at a bookstore. I like it quite a bit.
  • mrshewitson
    Options
    I love Les Mills combat but I do it as a class at gym. I'm sure the home workout will be just as good though. It takes moves from different martial arts and tunes are great! I typically burn 700 kcals per class.
    Good luck x
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    You won't learn self-defence skills from a follow along at home workout, I'm afraid. You can get a 'martial arts inspired fitness program' that will get you fit - e.g. Rushfit is very good. But for actual applicable skills, get yourself to a class.