30 day shredders out there...

Options
A question...how often did you do the workouts? Daily? Every other to give your muscles time to heal? How many days a week?

I have done the video, level 1 once. Two days ago and my legs are still sore. Should I push through the pain and endure or give time to heal in between? Any advice would be lovely!

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I say this from experience - push through the pain. It gets better by day 4-5, so don't give up before then. You are using muscles in new ways so they are going to be sore for a few days, but don't let that soreness deter you. I did the shred 6 days a week, with one rest day. It's worth the pain and hard work. I committed to the 30 days and saw AWESOME results.
  • IndyHannah
    IndyHannah Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I first intended to do it every day. But then 5 days in and I just couldn't give it enough energy cos I was drained. I took Sunday off and started again on monday and I feel much better for it. I would suggest doing what you feel comfortable with. Without a day off I felt I wasn't given the workout everything and therefore wouldn't get te results. Taking a break to allow your muscles to rest is probably a good idea. Just not too long a break that you lose momentum!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I had a sports trainer suggest every other day, for the reason you stated. To give your muscles time to heal. She said that your muscles get tiny microscopic tears in them, and if you don't let them heal, then you just break down your muscle. I don't know if this is something that you can work up to doing every day or not.... Also, if you get to a point where you are done with 30 DS, try her No More Trouble Zones DVD.... its even more intense. I am about to do it right now... I'm totally scared, LOL!
  • Winter0916
    Options
    Hi,

Accoring to Jillian all that means is that is working. I completed level one and when I was on my second day of 2 my DVD got messed up and I was toolazy to get another one, but Ive replaced it and am going back to Shred tomorrow. I can honestly say it was kicking my *kitten* in those little 20 minutes but my legs are more tone and I can see the difference in my abs and arms. I am not a thin person, I am 30 lbs overweight so to me that's a big deal to be able to see a difference in my body. So try to push yourself, rest but go back to it the next day or else your body wont get used to the change like Jillian says :) Good luck!
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 yesterday, and woke up this morning like someone beat my quads with a bat all night!! I was wondering the same thing....push thru daily, or wait til the pain goes away. I can def tell it will work tho, no doubt about that!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    YES!! Your body being sore means you were doing it right!! I try to do it everyday but sometimes I don't do it because I am doing some other workout. In fact I started on 9-1-10 but have missed more days than I wanted so I am still going to finish up sept and start again in oct a real goal for me would be to actually do it for 30 days straight although I may need to move out of my house to accomplish that goal!! lol Your body can handle it! Push through the pain, in fact it is the best way to loosen those muscles up!
    Happy Shredding!!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I did level 1 Sunday night, and my legs were killing me yesterday! I wanted to cry when I was doing it again last night...I couldn't finish level 1 again last night, I only made it about halfway through the second circuit before I just coudn't go anymore. I'm going to give it another shot tonight! :) I think you should go ahead and do what you can and go with that.
  • Jena_72
    Options
    I just started Level 1 yesterday, and woke up this morning like someone beat my quads with a bat all night!! I was wondering the same thing....push thru daily, or wait til the pain goes away. I can def tell it will work tho, no doubt about that!

Push through!! WWJS(what would Jillian say?) She designed this program to get results! SHE KNEWYOU WOULD BE SORE! LOL I promise you guys you can DO THIS!! I am a little jealous that you guys are sore!! IT MEANS ITS WORKING!!:wink:
    Looks like my daughter just left and the little one is still asleep...... GOTTA GO SHRED BYE!!:smile:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I did level 1 Sunday night, and my legs were killing me yesterday! I wanted to cry when I was doing it again last night...I couldn't finish level 1 again last night, I only made it about halfway through the second circuit before I just coudn't go anymore. I'm going to give it another shot tonight! :) I think you should go ahead and do what you can and go with that.
    A few years ago I was working out with a trainer(i called her the black Jillian, seriously) I would be so sore at times I would be in tears just sitting down on the toilet!! BUT IT WORKED and the following day when I was with her again and you'd tell her "I am so sore", she would get this smile, like she knew something we didn't! I later learned why she smiled like that, sore means it's working!! She smiled because she was doing her job WELL. Just like Jillian says if you want this program to work stay diligent everyday. I hope you all believe me and do it again today!! OK I really want to go shred now CRAZY HUH!? LOL
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! i will give it a shot again tonight then. Yesterday was my off day from Jilliam, but I did walk on my treadmill at 3mph with a 5% incline for 50 minutes. So I still did something. Thanks and I'll be shredding and cursing you all out later tonight!

~bye~
  • kerrera
    Options
    Day two for me and really made more effort today when i knew what to expect. 25 mins goes quick and the more it aches it must be working.
    Phew off for a sit down now. 2 down 28 to go!