Any breastfeeding mums losing weight!

Options
Hi, I have given birth to my second child 11 weeks ago and have finally decided that now is the right time for me to loss weight. I am currently breastfeeding and hoping to loss 85lbs and was hoping to chat to other mums who is in a similar position for motivation and advice.

Replies

• Neondragonfly
    Neondragonfly Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello Supermum!

First of all, congratulations on your new little one and I hope you, your baby and your family are doing well.

My second baby girl is 5 weeks old tomorrow and I'm also breastfeeding. I am planning to start my weight loss journey once I get the okay given to me by my GP at the 6 weeks Checkup appointment next week. Unfortunately I have over 100 lbs to lose but I'm eager to get started.

It would be nice to have a breastfeeding weight loss buddy. I have sent you a friends request.

Take care. Ciao 4 Now

Neon x
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a breastfeeding mama :) My baby is almost 7 months. I'm not exclusively nursing because he also eats solids. When I was exclusively nursing I always deducted an extra 500 calories from my food diary and made sure to eat enough. I lost my baby weight almost immediately after having him (I was all baby) and now I'm trying to lose the extra weight I gained after getting married, LOL. But when I was exclusively nursing I lost weight pretty quickly. As long as your eating right and exercise I'm sure the weight will melt right off :) Welcome to MFP!
  • melstrang86
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm exclusively breastfeeding my son too and he is 8 months old. I haven't "dieted" much but I've lost 16 pounds so far...I still have a long way to go though! I just starting doing the diaries yesterday and I'm a little discouraged. My calorie intake is too high and my walks aren't enough. I would love any advice on healthy foods that are "quick" and easy?