I Think My Calorie Goal is Too Low...

andreirotariu
andreirotariu Posts: 23 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
My current daily calorie goal on MFP is 1530.

My info:

Im 28 years old, male, 5"11 OR 180cm, currently weigh 107KG and I work in an office so im sitting most of the day.

My goal weight is 88kg.

Current daily exercise is a brisk walk most morning for between 20 and 60 minutes (3-5 days per week), a 10-15 minute jog every couple of days (2-3 times per week) and ill do squats push ups and crunches 1-2 times per week.

Does this calorie goal sound correct to people a little more experienced? Other people have told me it should be around 1800-2000.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Look at it this way.

Your goal is to NET 1530.

Simple equation for this is:

Food Intake - exercise calories burned = NET

My MFP calorie goal is 1511. My total intake usually (ignoring the past couple of days) ranges from 1500 on lazy days to 2000+ on active days.

My husband has an MFP goal of 1930. He is 6'1" and 205lbs (started at 225lbs in June). Anyway his total daily calories range from 1800 - 3000+. He started with a lower MFP goal, but was losing weight too fast so he upped his calories.

So as long as your adding some of the calories you burned from those exercises into your total food intake, then I don't think your probably eating enough.
  • andreirotariu
    andreirotariu Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I have been hungry... mmmm

Look at it this way.

Your goal is to NET 1530.

Simple equation for this is:

Food Intake - exercise calories burned = NET

My MFP calorie goal is 1511. My total intake usually (ignoring the past couple of days) ranges from 1500 on lazy days to 2000+ on active days.

My husband has an MFP goal of 1930. He is 6'1" and 205lbs (started at 225lbs in June). Anyway his total daily calories range from 1800 - 3000+. He started with a lower MFP goal, but was losing weight too fast so he upped his calories.

So as long as your adding some of the calories you burned from those exercises into your total food intake, then I don't think your probably eating enough.
  • If you're curious, check online for a BMR calculator. My calorie goal was 1200 originally; however, I upped it to 1400 as I know that is too low as by doing no activity at all my BMR burns about 1450 calories a day. Then adding work outs of course.

Also, to loose 1 pound a week, they say you should have a shortage of 3500 of your recommended intake (2500 for men, 2000 for women in the UK).

Hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.