kashi Go Lean dipped bars: loads of sugar

Options
The Kashi Go Lean dipped bars are definitely not lean in sugar. Be sure and check the label carefully, The oatmeal raisin dipped bar has a whopping 19 grams of sugar. Completely faked me out,because the total calories are only 190 per bar, you think great for a snack right, wrong!!!!! :cry:

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You really do have to read the labels and check the ingredients on packaged foods. It is surprising how much sugar "low fat" or "healthy" processed foods have.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't sensitive to sugar, so it doesn't matter.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't have diabetes, so I am fine with that much sugar.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have found that most of the Kashi products are high in sugar. It was very surprising since they make such a point of being a healthy alternative, but their breakfast cereals generally seem to have more sugar than the big name brands like Cheerios, etc.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The Kashi Go Lean dipped bars are definitely not lean in sugar. Be sure and check the label carefully, The oatmeal raisin dipped bar has a whopping 19 grams of sugar. Completely faked me out,because the total calories are only 190 per bar, you think great for a snack right, wrong!!!!! :cry:

...k? Why does that make it a bad snack? I imagine raisins have a lot of sugar all on their own.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    all granola bars and cereal bar have tons of sugar and carbs, i stopped eating those suckers years ago when i started reading labels
  • wlinda224
    wlinda224 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I congratulate each of you on the amount of weight you have lost. When I was your age I lost 140lbs, and kept it off for 25 years without modifying my diet very much over the years. But, When you get to be my age(60), if you are overweight. , have health issues, with a limited ability to exercise , eating food that is healthy becomes a very big concern and excessive sugar has been proven to be unhealthy. Also, overall the United States has one of the highest population of people who are overweight and have diabetes and sugar plays a big factor in both of these, so all I am saying is for anyone who is struggling to lose or control their weight the label becomes your best friend and must be checked carefully because In my opinion eating a snack bar with 19 grams of sugar in it is probably not the best choice to make, especially since only 24grams of sugar is advised for the whole day.