Still Sore...help!

Options
Some of you may have seen the posts I made earlier in the week about strength training. I started my new routine on Thursday and I felt pretty good about it. I woke up Friday and didn't feel feel too much pain, I was a little sore but I still went to the gym to do some light cardio. However, I woke up today and I feel like my body is about to fall apart. My back and legs are extremely sore, to the point where I can hardly bend to sit down. I've gone to the gym 5 days in a row this week. Should I skip out going today? My only concern is that I won't be able to get back in the gym this week until Wednesday. Though I think skipping out a few days is more important than me hurting myself. Any suggestions?

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What kind of strength training are you doing? DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is totally normal with strength training. However, only you know your level of pain. If you feel like you can't do any more, then don't do it for a day or two. Give your body time to recover or you won't be able to give your best effort anyway.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    A new routine will make your body sore, until it adjusts to it. DOMS is a reality. Try Tylenol, bath with epsom salts, rest day, or when you lift, take BCAA's (branch chain amino acids). I use the powder form in my water bottle and it greatly helps my recovery time and soreness.
  • Drej3735
    Drej3735 Posts: 12
    Options
    Rest is always good for the muscles..they need to recovery from you breaking them down, not going will actually help your growth (even if you take a couplof days off)..just keep your meals on point and you will be just fine! Good luck
  • haroldz123
    haroldz123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Use foam roller to ease the sore

Rest once a week if u insisted going to gym everyday for recovery.

Iced bath is useful to minimise your muscle sore