Please post small scale losses, but big visual losses

Options
Hi all,

I'm trying to remind myself that the scale number isn't everything (it's a hard mental transition!) and I'd appreciate it if you could post your results for those who have had small scale losses but significant visual changes!

Let's celebrate body changes without emphasizing a scale number!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mjmlodge
    mjmlodge Posts: 24
    Options
    check out the Official Insanity before and after thread. there's a lady that lost 9 pounds but crazy inches!!! she looks like she lost 60 pounds, her tummy is gone. anywho, it had a couple other small scale wins but HUGE visual losses.
  • mjmlodge
    mjmlodge Posts: 24
    Options
    Sorry, to clarify, it's a thread on this site under success stories. :)
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 35 years old and 5 ft 2.5 short, CW weight 189 and lost 9 lbs in 2 months(gained and lost twice in 2 months)
    I didn't lose a lot but I can see the dif in my body from my pics. My pics are from JUNE 13, 2013 and AUG 14, 2013

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Tthompson777/media/IMG_20130814_151337-1_zpsfcad4a68.jpg.html#/user/Tthompson777/media/IMG_20130613_233631-1_zpsbd59e8c7.jpg.html?&_suid=1376719825186033187728197914595

Can you see a dif at all?
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're struggling to see your successes with the scales not moving. Just to give you a small example of how things can change dramatically...This morning my scale showed 0.1 kg (0.22 lbs) loss...but this morning I ran in size L Nike compression pants and they felt too big (last week they fit just fine), so this afternoon we went to the Nike shop and I bought a pair of size S compression pants to run in.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Me:

jan-augf_zps827c47ff.jpg

jan-augs_zps65eb6a6a.jpg

jan-augb_zps0b094fd5.jpg
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    *high five's Squamation*

That's some seriously impressive work! Well done.
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Thanks all!

Wow, squamation!! That's impressive!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    How did you do that?! @squamation?
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    TemikaThompson, I see a huge change! Well done!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    How did you do that?! @squamation?

I eat a 1,200 calorie diet (with a few "free" days during the month), mostly fresh/clean/whole foods.

During that time (Jan-Aug) I completed all of Insanity and Les Mills Pump at home. I also run (treadmill: 30-60 min at 5mph-7mph). I did a few other things here and there: Yoga, part of Brazil Butt Lift, basics: push ups, sit ups, crunches, etc.

I've lost 4% body fat and would like to lose a little more- hopefully from my stomach (side view).

Currently I'm healing from surgery and next plan on doing PT 24/7 with Billy Blanks (closest gym is 30 min each way so I like to try at home routines).
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1053862-look-15-pounds-lighter-in-2-easy-steps-eat-and-lift

Hope you don't mind me being lazy and just linking.

I was 161 in the first pics and 151 (give or take) in the second set. Not sure if ten pounds is a "small" loss but there it is. Scale weight can be irrelevant and drive you crazy, but it how you look that matters.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    @squa- that's awesome i have been trying to run again and do some P90X and Jillian Michaels 30DS

@Chelled- you look fantastic!!! :) great job!!! hopefully soon I can get back into weights
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Awesome work, Chelledbrown!

You're all so impressive and giving me lots of hope!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    <
    down 4lbs/2.2% body fat lost. Gotta get some current pics taken!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Me:

jan-augf_zps827c47ff.jpg

jan-augs_zps65eb6a6a.jpg

jan-augb_zps0b094fd5.jpg

1 whole pound! That's a big difference!
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    MsEndmorph, you're at my current weight and you look amazing!
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    TemikaThompson, I see a huge change! Well done!

Thanks
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a supervisor who lost 15 pounds, but numerous inches off her bust, waist and thighs doing 30 minutes of treadmill and 30 minutes of stationary bike 3X a week. She looks great!!!

I think losing inches is why we went on a diet!!!

Congratulations!!
  • TemikaThompson
    Options
    Me:
    very good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!