Fitbit Users

Options
You have me curious! Can you use the Fitbit with the HRM or does the fitbit do the same thing as hrm & other things as well? What brand do you have & what do you love about it? Are they expensive?

Thanks!

Replies

• ChoklitCherry
    ChoklitCherry Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and a Polar FT4 HRM....I use my fitbit to track my steps all day long...I only wear the polar when working out. HRMs are good for a more accurate calorie burn when your doing cardio. My fitness pal and fit bit are linked....so when you add in your calorie burn from your HRM reading you do not double up on your burned calories....I hope this helps.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit zip from waking to going to sleep at night. I like that it tracks my daily general activity. Its a visual reminder to me to get in my 10K+ steps each day. However I don't think it works well tracking some activities so as a rule I manually input any planned cardio work (eliptical, stairclimber, bike, etc ) via my HRM stats. This is the nice thing about linking your Fitbit to MFP as you can overwrite time periods with specific calories burned.
  • Hersh001
    Hersh001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This (http://blog.digifit.com/2013/02/digifit-fitbit-myfitnesspal-weight-loss-triad/) is a good read to help you. I use the fitbit, mfp, and scoche rhythm. http://www.scosche.com/rhythm HRM. I swear by all this stuff. I have lost 60 lbs since mid Dec and get to eat a ton as long as I work. I never take mt fitbit one off unless I am in shower, ocean or pool. If done right the 3 tools work perfect together. I dont use the program that came with HRM on the phone...use the digifit instead-awesome.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I forgot to mention that I already own a HRM, I have the Polar FT7 & I love it but was curious if I actually need a fitbit or should I just simply wear the HRM all day long. Right now I wear a pedometer all day to track my steps but I can't track that because it just tells me the # of steps/kms I've done nothing in relation to calories burned. I use my HRM for tracking cardio like walking or elliptical.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I forgot to mention that I already own a HRM, I have the Polar FT7 & I love it but was curious if I actually need a fitbit or should I just simply wear the HRM all day long. Right now I wear a pedometer all day to track my steps but I can't track that because it just tells me the # of steps/kms I've done nothing in relation to calories burned. I use my HRM for tracking cardio like walking or elliptical.

Wearing an HRM all day long won't be accurate. It's not made for that. For all day tracking you'd want the FitBit.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Wearing an HRM all day long won't be accurate. It's not made for that. For all day tracking you'd want the FitBit.

That's what I thought! Thank you!
  • xomellyxo
    Options
    I've recently downloaded the Fitbit app, I have to say, I don't get it!!!
    I'm thinking of getting the Fitbit wrist band, so I can calculate calories burned throughout the day; would I be better off with a heart rate monitor??
    My exercise is largely made up of walking, so I've always thought a heart rate monitor wouldn't be for me. I use RunKeeper to track my cals burnt on walks but it drains my phone battery, thus why I'm thinking of getting the wrist band & using it to change the values to what I've burned on MFP.

I'm confused!
    Advice?!!?
    x
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump as I'm also planning to get a fitbit one next week and interested as to what everyone has to say :)