Net calories dipping below 1200! Is this ok?

Options
So I'm eating over my minimum of 1200 calories everyday, which is hard for me unless I eat crap and then, well I could eat 6,000 calories a day of just Chinese food anytime!.... lol. But my net calories are ending up below 1200 when you take into account my workouts. Do I need to force myself to continue to take in calories, because as it is, I already feel like I'm force feeding myself! I eat about 5-6 times a day, drink tons of water, and this week, I'm trying to use supplements to help me take in the protein levels I need because I feel so much better when I do. There aren't a lot of calories in them though, so I'm maintaining my daily calories at about 1300 and my net calories at about 1100. I'm comfortable with this amount but I want to make sure I'm not committing a big "no no." What are your thoughts?

I'm 5'4" and 181 lbs (starting weight was 215 lbs). I've lost 34 lbs in the last year and I'm half way to my first goal of 150. I've been maintaining the last few months and I've just got back into logging religiously and working out consistently about 2 weeks ago. I work in retail and I'm on my feet all day so I'm lightly active. I work out 20-25 minutes every morning. I'm really committed to being healthy and want to optimize my results so any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• jquick25
    jquick25 Posts: 45
    Options
    i find myself in the same situation i eat about 800-900 cals a day and i workout 5 days a week and on my work out days i net 50 cals sometimes lowest i had was a - net. my average thought is net of 150. i feel fine i think you have to just go off what you feel like. I go to the doc in a few weeks for a checkup and going to be asking him about this. i am going to up my cals though bc my husband is having a fit. i think if you feel good continue to do what you are doing. everyone is different and their is no magic number for anyone.
  • Baranwyn
    Options
    I would agree with Jquick, as long as you're not feeling tired, faint or sick or picking up every bug that's going round, I think you're probably ok.