Morning, quick, but filling recipes.

Options
My mornings consist of popping some toast in the toaster then slapping some butter on it....
Wheat toast of course, but the carbs SUCK and the butter sucks as well. What can I do to "better" my toast?
Peanut Butter?
Regular Jelly?
Peanut Butter would be more filling.
What do you do in the mornings?

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    put a few slices of turkey or pop a morningstar veggie burger in the microwave for 60 sec! I personally love the veggie one and the mushroom one!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I like to put 1 egg and 1 egg white inbetween my toast.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple and 1TBSP of melted Peanut Butter to dip it in. :love:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Thats what I do too. I put 2 egg whites and 1 slice of low fat cheese.
  • sanrog
    Options
    I eat 1 piece of wheat toast with 1 tbsp. of natural peanut butter and an apple. This is my breakfast most mornings and keeps me full till lunch.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    You could try some no sugar added jams, or maybe just sliced fruit on your toast. When I had toast in the mornings, I always ate it with a couple of slices of tomato, and sometimes an egg. I usually just have a banana now, though.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal - my favourites (or I guess the only ones I've tried so far) are Honey Flax, Toasted Berry, and Honey Puff. Honey Puff isn't as filling though as the other too. They have high protein and high fibre. With some almond milk or skim milk, only 260 calories so I will sometimes cut up banana, strawberries, etc. to add some sweetness.

Other breakfast foods I eat are bodywise whole wheat english muffins, egg creations garden vegetable and veggie bacon. Super filling!

You could stick to your toast but add on eggs, bacon, tomato.. have a healthy breakfast sandwich.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I like the Village Hearth low fat english muffins with a egg and low fat cheese for breakfast, fast and easy or a fresh fruit smoothie made with frozen fruit I freeze myself and almond milk. Good get and go fuel.
  • dbeinke
    dbeinke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making a breakfast parfait. I take a Yoplait thick and creamy yogurt and layer in a high fiber cereal. This morning I had the new FiberPlus cinnamon oat cereal with it. I also usually have some fruit. The yogurt is 100 cal. I try to pick a lower cal cereal....80-110 cal. So altogether with the fruit my breakfast is usually 250-300 calories.
  • stilldew
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup Uncle Sam's cereal or other high fiber, low sugar cereal, then eat a couple slices roast turkey breast to get in some extra protein.
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add an egg beater and a slice or two of turkey bacon only 35 calories per egg and 35 clories per slice. Also use parkey or I can't believe it's not butter spray, 0 cals anf ) pretty much everything else and it tstes really yummy!!!
  • kingtony
    Options
    I've been going two days now and I have had wheat toast and natural peanut butter.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was just having 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter, a ramekin sized bowl of yogurt and a mug of water, but i read somewhere that a bigger breakfast with smaller lunches and dinners is better, so i am trying out having an egg, a banana muffin, yogurt and sometimes a sausage along with my mug of water,
    It seems to be better, i have been snacking less in the morning. I usually have lots of time to cook, though, I get up an hour and a half before i have to be out the door.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Ham is incredibly low-fat and high protien... but I would personally use cheese or just add yogurt seperately.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Ham is incredibly low-fat and high protien... but I would personally use cheese or just add yogurt seperately.
  • loseweightkay
    Options
    I like a smoothie...fruit and a small amount of water in the blender.