Another newbie here

Options
I'm Jantina, a 30 year old Dutchie. Mother of two beautiful kids and wife to a supporting husband.

I've been wanting to lose weight for quite a while now. I just never found the time, which is a lousy excuse ofcourse. I probably wasn't bothered enough. But I love dancing and for the last weeks I've been having pain in my right knee again. Not a good thing.

A few weeks before the summer I had lost 6 kg already. I was feeling great. During the holiday, which was amazing for us, I gave in and had way too much food. Making me gain 3 kg again. I'd like to think: "oh well, no biggie, just pick up where you left it", but I am a bit peeved I must admit.

Now the holidays are over and I am ready start this new journey! Two of my friends suggested joining MFP, so here I am!
I'm looking for support as I do tend to give in quickly. I do my excersices, but it still feels like cookies are crisps are always shouting my name to come and get them :ohwell: BUT I also know that once I'm on my way and result is being booked I am feeling better and feel stronger to get to my goals.

I'm looking forward to use MFP to get there.

Replies

• sheddingpounds83
    Options
    ADD ME IM NEW TOO AND NEED SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS!!!!!! ANYONE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AND WE CAN DO THIS JOURNEY TOGEOTHER:):):):):):):)
  • charlene1873
    Options
    Hey you guys can add me, I love this site as its been so helpful with me losing 22kgs!

I'm sure it will help you guys too
  • wlinda224
    wlinda224 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,I'm Linda : Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey and also in finding a lifestyle of eating that will help you stay at the weight you want to achieve. Try to remember that you are very young and while you will certainly lose the weight, losing weight thru
    dieting should not be the primary objective, rather eating healthy and consuming high calorie foods in moderation should be the goal, in my opinion. I lost 140 lbs when I was your age and kept it off for 25 years but thru poor eating choices and a sedentary life style and health issues as I aged (60 yrs old) I am now faced with being overweight again and going thru the trials and frustrations associated with being overweight and trying to lose the excess poundage. If you would like to have someone to encourage you feel free send a friend request. Bye Linda
  • mcwinterrose
    Options
    Thank you all

Linda, thanks for the wise words. I am in no way trying to crash diet. I have set myself a goal of losing around 0,5 kg a week. Sorry to hear you have to go through all of this again. How is your journey going so far?