Any Success Stories for Women about 300 Pounds??

Options
Have a lot of weight to lose and am looking for women who are 5'8" who started at about 300 pounds. What worked for you? ANY tips, help, advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Any how long did it take?? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• itcanbedone13
    Options
    anybody?????
  • CrysOmboli
    CrysOmboli Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post something similar. I lost 40 pounds last year starting at 318. The biggest thing I did was stick to my calories. It was hard and at this beginning of this year I started to fall off the wagon into full blown bad habits again. So I'm starting anew. I have been sticking to my calorie goals and I am starting to lose weight. I am also trying to do low level cardio most days of the week even just 30 minutes a day. It's hard to do high levels of activity when I am this size. So Stick to it! If you need a friend, I log in everyday for almost 600 days now :)
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Thank you for responding. Send you a message.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of success stories for bigger ladies. I bet they just haven't seen this thread. Keep bumping it up. :smile:
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    Will do..thanks!
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    I started at 306. im not a success yet but im getting there. there is no perfect secret. you get up and be active, eat healthier, and eat less. thats all there is to it.
  • itcanbedone13
    Options
    So much easier said than done....:wink:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello. My highest weight was at 350 lbs. I had just had pneumonia for 3rd time and each time I had a huge dose of steroids which made me gain like 70 lbs. I had lost some of that before starting MFP (not sure on how much) and I have been going here ever since except for like 6 months or more when I had no internet.

This is what is working for me:

* Don't beat yourself for going over, just move on. (there will be days like these)
    * I am finding pre-planning is helpful; meals & snacks
    * Find good friends that will support you NOT your diet!
    * Move more and eat less (even if you have to start out at doing 10 mins of anything and build up)

Feel free to send a F/R if you like.
    Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
    Melissa
  • MzsCherise
    MzsCherise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started at 334 and am currently 291...Keeping motivated is what is key....you would think that loosing almost 50 lbs would motivate me enough to keep going but i hit a stage where i stopped logging I stopped drinking my water and i started to slack on the exercise,,,for 3 weeks i went up and down 4 lbs....then i started to challenge myself with different exercises and such...just started logging again....logging is important because it keeps you accountable and aware of what you are putting in your body....drinking lots and lots of water was huge for me as well...the energy i got from the water alone was phenominal. Also the support from others too...on here , your family, your friends...keep them updated on your progress weather they ask you or not....eventually they will start asking and noticing!! talking about it makes it so doable do research on nutrition and you will learn alot....dont get caught up in Fads....make this a change of lifestyle not a diet plan...because if its a diet then what do you do when you loose the weight ?...you go off the diet and the weight comes back....move more and eat less......and when i say eat less i dont mean starve yourself i mean eat less then normal....eat clean stay away from as much process food as possible....I do not deny myself of any food that i like and its pretty much all food i like lol...i just eat it in moderation.....i also allow myself a cheat day once a week.....hope this all helps...add me if you like!!! and good luck on your lifestyle change :)
  • hatersgonahate
    hatersgonahate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started at 319, and hit 199 today. You can ask me stuff if you'd like
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm a bit taller than you (5'11") but I started at like 350...and I'm down to 215.
    I've done most of it walking and logging and I do weights when I can afford my gym membership.
    Feel free to friend me or ask any specific questions you have.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    *waves* I started at 300. I started last August and got down 30lbs before starting MFP on September 30th. Since then I have lost another 87 pounds and am now down to 183. I started with Aquafit classes and progressed to a recumbent bike and now I go to kickboxing classes and regularly use a treadmill and an elliptical. I bought a Bodymedia Fit in February and have found it to be a great tool, both for accurately counting my TDEE and for motivation to exercise. Generally I eat at a weekly average deficit of 7000 calories for a 2lb loss. I eat 80% clean, 20% junk/sugar/chips. :laugh: You have to find a lifestyle that you can see yourself sustaining not only through to your goal, but into maintenance and beyond. One of the best places to start on here is with this forum here. Start at the top with The Basics Don't Complicate It and work your way down.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I started at "only" 281 but I'm a good deal shorter and I've really only just begun but so far things are working out well as I try to retrain myself to eat under a calorie limit. My aim is to lose enough to reach a healthy BMI by my 65th birthday or a total of 141 pounds in 150 weeks. Keeping track of the weeks and pounds is helping me to stay on track.

I've chosen to do TDEE-20%, sticking to home cooked food as much as possible. I keep the Harvard Healthy Eating Plate in mind as much as possible. It's at http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/

I love looking at the success stories because they let me know that what I am trying to do is definitely possible. The only one who can do it for me is me.

WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 27 and 5' 7" I started at 262, which had I not found MFP I would have continued to put the weight on and 300 would have come and gone with my head buried in denial. I started with a few small changes, drinking more water, eating smaller(measured) portions and doing Leslie Sansones Walk Away the Pounds. It was just the 1 mile walk every day M-F, then I upped it to the 2 Mile walk and then I jumped in for the 4 Mile Super Challenge. Now I am down to about 165, I still walk at least the Super Challenge 1x a week. I recently started to lift heavier weights to give myself strength and shape. Anyone who want to be friends are always welcome. I log daily and love to branch out and meet new people.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Started at 289 last November. The big kick in the pants for me was reading Cade Courtleys Navy SEAL survival guide. While I doubt Ill be facing combat ever, it really helped me focus. The author basically says a good baseline for fitness is could you rescue your family from a burning building? Well, now at 210 I probably could.

I think the key here is thinking highly of yourself, dont ever give up!!
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Use to be 310 pounds now im 160....seems like it never exist though have kept the weight for pass four years.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 278 (though my pregnancy weight was right at 300) lbs. I did alternate day fasting for the bulk of my weight loss. I'm currently maintaining right around 150 lbs. (I go between 148 and 155, usually around 152-153.)

The best tip I can give is to find a WOE that's sustainable for you. Trust me, I tried everything, and always gave up at around 3 months in. I can't do "forever" restriction, so for me, the alternate day diet worked great because I would severely restrict one day, then eat normally the next, lather, rinse, repeat.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started at about 300 pounds. I went to the doctors when I was around 256 because I was so sick. I found out that I had PCOS and Insulin Resistance and I started the Insulin Resistance (link and balance low carb) diet in April of 2012. It's been a lot of work but it CAN be done.
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall. And 50 years old! Starting weight was 318. Current weight is 189. So though I'm not quite to goal I'm only five pounds from a healthy weight!

Beg, borrow or steal the money to invest in a fitbit. Just seeing the numbers makes me move my *kitten* more.

Don't deprive yourself of anything--just fit it in.

Log everything, every bite, BEFORE you eat/drink it. Sometimes you will change your mind about eating it when you see what it does to your numbers.

Those are the three things I most attribute my success to.
  • allikabob
    Options
    I'm 5'11". By no means a success story as yet, but I keep that as yet as a motivator in my head because I want to be able to be one in the future. Or at least feel like it. I started at just under 294. That's the highest weight I knew. I could have been heavier, it's possible. I've lost about 60lbs of that and I feel great. I still have my struggles and sometimes it can feel like every day is a challenge - but I get through it. Not by some miracle, but by accepting that I'm human, I may make mistakes - but I learn from them and move forward. I had lost about 84lbs initially and then had a time where I lost alot of motivation to keep going. But I'm back on track now. Logging really does help. Having people on MFP as supporters is awesome.

Amazingly enough it really is just as simple as "eat less, move more". When I first started I cut out all sodas and fast food and tried to incorporate more salads. Started walking 2-3 times a week for about 30-45 minutes. In one month - 20lbs had vanished! No clue where they went, or how fast I lost them but that was a serious eye opener and caused me to really want to get into doing more exercise.

I'm just a girl trying to develop a healthy relationship with food and keep moving forward one day at a time. But I have learned this in all of my time trying to become healthier: fail to plan, plan to fail. Pre-planning and logging has really been extremely helpful with allowing me to count calories and watch what I eat. So take it one day at a time, but also try to plan ahead. At least for the week! :)

You can add me on MFP as well. Good luck!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!