how to get back on the wagon

Options
I had been doing so well.. then let my self binge for a day, and the binge eating hasn't stopped since.. 9th day today already gained 4-5lbs. Every Night i go to bed telling my self that's it tomorrow I will get back on track and when tomorrow comes i eat a healthy breakfast and it goes down hill after that.. I really do not want to gain back the weight I lost.. but I am really Struggling right now.

any advice? suggestions?

Replies

• Mrscaperton
    Options
    I have just done the same thing, now on day three of healthy eating, lots of people on hear have said great things, just do it and don't worry about what happened, it's done, nothing you can do but move forward. I wrote a blog post and found that helped :O)

Think really hard if anything else is bothering you and then you might be able to tackle the food again.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I had been doing so well.. then let my self binge for a day, and the binge eating hasn't stopped since.. 9th day today already gained 4-5lbs. Every Night i go to bed telling my self that's it tomorrow I will get back on track and when tomorrow comes i eat a healthy breakfast and it goes down hill after that.. I really do not want to gain back the weight I lost.. but I am really Struggling right now.

any advice? suggestions?

For me.... I keep telling myself the true reason why I joined MFP in the first place. I find that once I am mentally strong...half the battle has been won.

I also told myself I will have to accept that this is a lifelong committment.

Take baby steps and don't expect perfection.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You just have to do it. Make a decision and do it. When you want to again you will...You'll make no more excuses, no more tomorrow I'll do it's, you'll just do it. (not being mean, just being honest).

Honestly, You probably haven't gained that much in that short amount of time, your body can fluctuate 3-5 lbs a day. You may have put some on, but I doubt it's as much as you think.

Depending on what works for you, if you work better with slow changes then make slow changes. If you work better with drastic measures then do that. But just do it. Every meal is a fresh start. But NO more excuses, no more I'll do it tomorrow's. When you are ready and want it, you'll do it.

Also, realize it's not a diet (I know you didn't say it was) it's a lifestyle change. That's really helped me. I don't have cheat days, I don't believe in them. I eat what I want, I drink what I want. I don't deprive myself. It's about moderation not deprivation.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to lose the weight, you will do it. It's that simple.