Hi! I'm Karen

Options
Hi all!

I'm Karen, I am 29 and living in New London CT. I started dieting a while ago and lost a good bit of weight, 30lbs, actually although I let myself put about 15 of it back on and I'm noiw more determined than ever to reach my goal. My darling husband just bought me the exercise bike I have been drooling over and I am soo excited to start putting it to use! I joined here hoping to meet other people with similar goals and find/provide support. Every so often I just want a pint of Ben & Jerry's and without someone to get through it with, my best option for fighting the craving has been to stare at an old photo from when I was approximately my goal weight.

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great community for support and idea on the journey to bettering your lifestyle.

Glad to meet you!

Cheers,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    greetings karen and welcome
  • Maitlyn
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....you will get a lot of support from this website. Feel free to add me as a "friend". Good Luck!!
  • AUNTKARENDJJB
    Options
    Welcome Karen, i just rejoined after being gone for operations. Things have changed a little, but same great people.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great place for support!! I've been doing it for a week and I love it! Reminds me of Facebook for weight loss!
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    Hi Karen, I am Patricia, I am trying hard to just lose. I just want to feel better and stronger. I also need the support. I try hard every day and succeed some days and fail others. I would like more successes than failures. I think I can do this with a good suppot team.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Hi Karen! Welcome aboard...
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    :smile: Hi Karen ! I'm Matt...or you can call mr Griff!!! Love to give and get advice, support and motivation from all of the beautiful people I have met on this website. Feel free to friend me if you want , I am definetly a people person and love to help people who are like me and trying to feel better about themselves, inside and out!!
  • ladymac67
    ladymac67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Karen too. Joined yesterday. My addiction is cookies - they are so small how can they bad for me? Muhahahaha. I just got a new Schwinn stationary bike too - but my weenie dog already chewed thru the power cord - so I must order a new one... in the meantime, it still pedals quite fast, just with no real tension. So I will keep using it daily until that cord comes.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Welcome to My Fitness Pal. It's a great site! Good luck !
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen too, welcome to MFP x :flowerforyou:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen ... another Karen here :) You will LOVE this site it's hard work but man is it worth it!
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh my I cannot get over all of the responses I have recieved! Thank you guys, it's so nice to feel a part of a group with this!
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love your name. I'm a Karen Jean and my favorite aunt is Joy.