Bad Choice??

Options
Today I have been feeling great, I had the challenge of eating at a family event, big home made curry, all the bread you could want and white rice, managed to eat nothing but the curry and a chicken leg (healthy not fried or anything.

I then had three glasses of sparkling pink Cava, any ideas if this is worse than avoiding all those "bad carbs"????

I have since done 20 mins on the cross trainer.

Any help would be fab.

Thanks.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Maybe stop labeling things as "bad" or "good" and move on with the day? :smile:
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Having one day of eating/drinking whatever you ant will not ruin all of the progress you have made or will make in the future. Try not to stress about it :]

Sorry if you were looking for info on carbs. <3
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy the three glasses?

Basically if you're going to fall off the wagon -- please enjoy it. Like take the time to savor it and don't beat yourself up. It's done. No regrets.

Now you go on with your meal planning as if it never happened. I doubt it's a regular occurrence (if it is, then that's a different issue) so chalk it up to feeling deprived or maybe it just tasted really good.

You're human and you make mistakes. I ate a whole container of smoked salmon spread last night instead of half a container. *Shrug* Oh, well....maybe I won't lose 3 pounds this week, but I will definitely at least lose 1 pound.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Agreed..... Enjoy good food and good company and log it and move on.... Best of Luck
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Maybe stop labeling things as "bad" or "good" and move on with the day?

Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    All 3 glasses totalled probably less than 300 cals. Doesn't sound that bad to me.
    :drinker:
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    Thanks all :O) I feel ok about it, from a health point of view if I had eaten the bread and rice my tummy would have bloated and I would be in pain right now instead I came home had a tasty healthy dinner and bashed out 20 mins on the cross trainer :O)

Just wanted to see if anyone would say oh dear you really messed up lol.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :O) I feel ok about it, from a health point of view if I had eaten the bread and rice my tummy would have bloated and I would be in pain right now instead I came home had a tasty healthy dinner and bashed out 20 mins on the cross trainer :O)

I think these answers have been right on the mark. Every day is new. You did great.
  • Mrscaperton
    Options

I think these answers have been right on the mark. Every day is new. You did great.

Thank you :O) sometimes you just need to check, so nice to have a place for support and help on this journey.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I agree you did just fine. There are no good or bad foods.

I eat/drink whatever I want. It's just about moderation not deprivation. Just don't over due it, which I don't think you would. :)

You're doing great!
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    Thanks :O) there is another post on here about the move to 1500 cals, any body think I should change up a bit?? I don't feel hungry at the moment but wonder if that would be a more realistic goal??
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Thanks :O) there is another post on here about the move to 1500 cals, any body think I should change up a bit?? I don't feel hungry at the moment but wonder if that would be a more realistic goal??

Are you just doing 1200? Are you eating back your exercise calories?

I am using the TDEE-10-20% method. That and the MFP way almost equal around the same. I like it better because I don't honestly know how many calories I burn, so this way I track my exercises but make them 1 calorie burned. I know exactly how much I can eat each day. Then I'm not at the end of the day after workouts trying to figure out what to eat to get to my goal...
  • Mrscaperton
    Options

Are you just doing 1200? Are you eating back your exercise calories?

I am using the TDEE-10-20% method. That and the MFP way almost equal around the same. I like it better because I don't honestly know how many calories I burn, so this way I track my exercises but make them 1 calorie burned. I know exactly how much I can eat each day. Then I'm not at the end of the day after workouts trying to figure out what to eat to get to my goal...

I just worked that out but not sure how to do the calculation :O/ my BMR was just over 1500 and I'll just re do the other one now.
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    2219 TDEE
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    ok found a good cal, my BMR is 1,739

and my TEE is 3,136 Any help with the Calc would be great :O)
  • lablueluna
    Options
    Cava is NEVER a bad choice! :drinker: Family dinners happen. It's not how you eat all the time and I think it's fine to enjoy special occasions without piling on the guilt. You were prudent about your meal choices and enjoyed some bubbly-good job, I say!

As for your TDEE numbers, I'm not sure. I just figured mine out today by using the info in this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

There are links to BMR and TDEE calculators. Hope this helps!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    if u go to 1500, add 100 calories per week because your body needs an adjustment time frame
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    Cava is NEVER a bad choice! :drinker: Family dinners happen. It's not how you eat all the time and I think it's fine to enjoy special occasions without piling on the guilt. You were prudent about your meal choices and enjoyed some bubbly-good job, I say!

As for your TDEE numbers, I'm not sure. I just figured mine out today by using the info in this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Thanks :O) since realising that I should be eating more like 1500 a day I don't feel bad at all now :O)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Thanks :O) since realising that I should be eating more like 1500 a day I don't feel bad at all now :O)

Yes, follow that thread and do as it says. When it asks what your goal weight is put in your weight now. I know that's not what your goal weight may be, but read that post, it'll make sense.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

Exactly! There is room for everything in a sensible sustainable diet. So you went a tad overboard...so what? Let it go...move on...and keep on truckin' tomorrow.