Howdy! I'm Lauren and I have over 50 pounds to lose. Yikes!

Options
But that's why I'm here! I started the couch to 5k program back in April and am up to 4.75miles now (though I am SLOW, it's 12-13min miles). But hey, I've lost about 10 pounds and 2 inches. And I've stalled. I've been thinking for awhile now that I need to start a food journal to see what's going on, but I've been chicken. Full of excuses, etc. Well, I entered today and yesterday into the best of my ability and YIKES! Between 3000 & 2500 cal each day. ACK! I didn't think it would be THAT bad (but then again, I kept refusing to really find out).

I'm a 5' 6.5" female in early 30s at 219 pounds. So obviously, that is a bit much for me! This site thinks 1410 should be my goal. Or a little less then 1/2 of what I have been eating! Yikes! I really wish someone could just make meal plans for me that takes all my pickyness into account. I know, I don't want much, huh? ;)

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Your doing awesome. :flowerforyou: Just keep going.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Lauren- 10 lbs is a great start! The running paired with your new calorie consciousness is going to do great things for you. You're going to have to find what works for you and your pickiness, and it may start out with just eating the things you like but in smaller doses. There are some great recipes in here to help you out and the people are fantastic! We're here to help you out! You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    WOW! Rock on with your bad self! 10 pounds and 2 inches is a great start.

Now make some small goals and go for them! Taking on all the weight you want to lose in one big step can be a scary thing to deal with so break it down and go at it little by little!

Welcome to this great site!

Cheers,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hooray for 10 lbs. I started within 7 lbs of where you are now and am down 27 - hoping for a nice loss on Sunday :-) This site helps me SO much. Make some friends (me if you wish) and cheer each other on. We are all in this together. Make sure you log everything that passes your lips, do exercise (at your own pace - I started with 20 mins a day) every day and drink lots of water. It really does work. Calories in - Calories out - did we really think that would change? Best of luck!
  • loberries
    Options
    Hi Lauren!! I'm Lauren!! I am just about your same measurements...kind of (5'3" and 227 lbs.) You are already kicking butt...the exercise is the hardest part - getting your calorie count down is easy once you focus on the right foods.

I have found that the best food advice is avoiding processed foods (for the most part). I do most of my grocery shopping in the produce/dairy sections and try to avoid many processed foods. However, I do like to eat 1 cup of healthy cereal for breakfast, a 100-calorie pack a day as a treat, and I often buy SmartOnes for lunch since they are grab-and-go plus they are portion controlled. Other than that, I stick to string cheese, veggies, fruits, hardboiled eggs, etc. as snacks. Brummel and Brown is the BEST buttery spread and Laughing Cow Light spreadable wedges are AMAZING (eat alone, dip veggies in, substitute as mayo or cream cheese...I could go on and on!!)

Thank you for being a fellow Lauren's inspiration!!!!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melissa....I also have over 50 lbs to lose, more like 80 or 90!!! Good luck!!!!! add me if you need friends!
  • susie727
    susie727 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome 2hdesign to My Fitness Pal. I have 100 lbs to lose so I understand. My calories are only a little more. I am increasing my calorie allowance and still coming in under and controlling my blood sugar levels with exercise. good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • 2hdesign
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the quick responses, encouragement and hello! I've been poking around the message boards and will continue to check things out and play around more.

I'm here for both the accountability (I think it's the only way I'll get into the appriorate calorie range) and the community - people are so inspiring and encouraging! Thank you!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome!! And we can do this together!! :-)
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    sounds like you are doing great, and welcome glad you could join us!
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Start slow. Cut back to say 2250 cals, then 2000 cals, then 1750 cals, and so on. Don't make drastic changes all at once. Also, don't forget to add in your exercise calories and you can still have a deficit. Try not to get discouraged, you've already made some amazing changes so give yourself a pat on the back for that. I have been at this for 14 months now and have lost 82 lbs. I have at least another 60 to go, so although your Mtn may seem really high to climb you can do it. You just need to keep going!!:wink:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I finished Couch to 5k last month and I started Gateway to 8k yesterday if you want to try that. 1410 will be hard to stick to, and if you're picky maybe the best way to start is to eat about half the serving you normally would, and you can still eat what you like just less of it!