new beginnings...again.

Options
Hi,
I am joining this website so I can keep track of my progress, obviously. :smile: I've taken off the past 5 months and it shows. I got shingles in August and was flat on my back for 3 months. Now I am dealing with the post neuralgia pain in my right side. Hasn't been fun, but I am REALLY excited and anxious to get back on track! I have around 25-30 pounds of fat to shed. That doesn't sound like much after losing over 100 but I swear, it kind of gets harder the less you have to lose. (Also more exciting though and motivating.) I plan on retaining the muscle I have gained over the past 7 years of training hard, and working to get to my goal. Sooo, here's to my first goal of 10 pounds GONE! :tongue: This summer I will back in my bikini tanning!
I have competed in two fitness competitions and modeled a swimming suit in a show. Those are my biggest accomplishments since having lost over 100 pounds. I would love to help other people and one of my long term goals is to get my PFT certification...hopefully, THIS YEAR! I'm not one to be a "know it all." There's always so much more to learn.
My biggest pet peeve is the word "can't." I can and I will. I can't WAIT! So, here's to a great 2008 of ups and downs but winning myself back in the end. And getting over the body complex I have!

Replies

• tunachick
    tunachick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am joining this website so I can keep track of my progress, obviously. :smile: I've taken off the past 5 months and it shows. I got shingles in August and was flat on my back for 3 months. Now I am dealing with the post neuralgia pain in my right side. Hasn't been fun, but I am REALLY excited and anxious to get back on track! I have around 25-30 pounds of fat to shed. That doesn't sound like much after losing over 100 but I swear, it kind of gets harder the less you have to lose. (Also more exciting though and motivating.) I plan on retaining the muscle I have gained over the past 7 years of training hard, and working to get to my goal. Sooo, here's to my first goal of 10 pounds GONE! :tongue: This summer I will back in my bikini tanning!
    I have competed in two fitness competitions and modeled a swimming suit in a show. Those are my biggest accomplishments since having lost over 100 pounds. I would love to help other people and one of my long term goals is to get my PFT certification...hopefully, THIS YEAR! I'm not one to be a "know it all." There's always so much more to learn.
    My biggest pet peeve is the word "can't." I can and I will. I can't WAIT! So, here's to a great 2008 of ups and downs but winning myself back in the end. And getting over the body complex I have!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you here. Congrats on meeting such terrific goals already. Best of luck !
    :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    welcome, we will all have our our ups and downs together in 2008 on MFP!