Motivated and need friends!!

Options
Hi,

I am very motivated to lose weight and i'm looking for a wonderful support group of like minded people. I have been using MFP for a few months now and I'm starting to see results. It is a hard journey though and I could benefit from some outside support. My ultimate goal is too run a half marathon. Or at least finish one. Since I quit smoking I feel like I can do anything I set my mind too.

Victoria

Replies

• SKJ98
    SKJ98 Posts: 25
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Motivation and lots of support has been a key factor for me , feel free to add!
  • cjanem50
    cjanem50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! We can do this!
  • DHogan80
    DHogan80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I decided that as of today - that was it - I was tired of not getting anywhere, and saying 'I'll start tomorrow' routine... Being not able to use a gym for strength work, due to hemiplegia, the best I can do is walking everyday, and daily exercises for my hemi.

I've finally decided it was about time I looked after myself properly, instead of everyone else first. Sounds kinda bad I know, but it needed to be done for me, my kids and my family. I also have my brother's wedding in the next couple of years so that's extra motivation to do something about it.

I'm looking for new friends, anywhere and everywhere to share ideas with and to help each other along our awesome journey. I apologise for the length of this post, but I thought I'd put it out there, what I'm about..

Dana
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Good for you Victoria ;-) And you're right the most important and one of the hardest achievements is to quit smoking!!! Good for you. I quit 5 years ago and never looked back. I'm on daily and even though close to my goal don't plan on going anywhere. I'm a supportive friend and happy to help if you want to add me.

Take care and best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • heffalumps23
    Options
    add me =]
  • heffalumps23
    Options
    anyone and everyone can add me I need some supportive peeps to help me through my journey
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    You can add me! God knows I need all the help I can get. Good for you on setting those goals.

Marta!
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yipee! Congrats on your success so far! Feel free to friend me!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am pretty motivated and log in every day. I am a little more than 1/2 way to my goal of losing 100 lbs.
  • YaelCeglio
    YaelCeglio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Quitting smoking is an awesome first step to a very healthy YOU! I have a group of friends here...we all are eating as clean as we can and have a great support group on Facebook. You're welcome to join us. We keep our diaries open here so we can help each other with food choices. I'm just now learning more and more about this app, but I've been working really hard to reach my goal since mid-May. I'm happy to help you set goals and achieve them. Feel free to send me a private message and we can chat :)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...wishing you the best on your fitness journey.

8488541.png
  • c1better
    c1better Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Feel free to add me. I am on a new 12 week journey (visit my blog), and I am looking for new SERIOUS friends!

Good luck on your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your support group. I need all the motivation I can get.

The weekends are so challenging for we dieters (lol)!!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is no easy feat, I know. Feel free to add me, I'm active on the site and in real life. I always try to have a positive attitude.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone.
  • ali1257
    ali1257 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too ladies...I had a meltdown this afternoon...tried to polish my toe nails and then dropped the polish on the wood floor. Called hubby and walked over to the campground office..we are campground managers here in Branson, MO and just started bawling, telling my hubby I am so fat (248 lbs), was down to 241 and then life got crazy and now I am back up again. I need accountability, challenges and encouragement and want to give the same to others. Thanks for adding me.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I'm very motivated, too! I'm taking the weekend to refresh and rejuvenate, then I have classes at the gym all next week!
  • ali1257
    ali1257 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is your blog address? You sound like the friend I need. Thanks. Ali