Will loose skin ever go away? Help!!!!!

Options
Hello!!!

I'm 26 years old and weigh about 235lbs. I have been overweight nearly all my life. Do think with the combine of Green smoothie, Green Juice, Wheatgress, MSM, Organic Raw Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds, 3 liter of water and 1 hour of weight training will help me reverse and tighten my loose skin on my arms and thighs? What should I do? I need help!!!

5393d1326995395-loose-skin-fat-under-skin-imag0026.jpg
5394d1326995414-loose-skin-fat-under-skin-imag0023.jpg
5395d1326995425-loose-skin-fat-under-skin-imag0024.jpg
5396d1326995438-loose-skin-fat-under-skin-imag0031.jpg
5397d1326995450-loose-skin-fat-under-skin-imag0033.jpg
2m7xnoz.jpg

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting & cardio and a clean diet is what will work for you the sooner you do it the sooner you will find out what bounces back and what does not, your young it is feasible your skin will tighten up, your not going to know until you try..I'd say you will have to get down to at least 150 , you did not state your height so I am guessing..
  • rawnlove87
    Options
    I'M 5'7
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    With all honesty, I watch extream makeover and many of thos people started in the 300s or more and they all needed a skin reduction. Not sure where you started but get with your doctor and see f you will need one and what you need to do to become a candidate for the surgery if need be.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    With all honesty, I watch extream makeover and many of thos people started in the 300s or more and they all needed a skin reduction. Not sure where you started but get with your doctor and see f you will need one and what you need to do to become a candidate for the surgery if need be.

Those people all need skin surgery because of how FAST they loose the weight.

OP- The smoothie sounds healthful, but the real trick to minimizing loose skin is losing the weight slowly (2lbs/week max....not including big water losses the first couple weeks), eat an overall nutritious diet complete with enough good fats, weight training (though you don't need an hour a day, 1 hr 3x a week with a good full-body program will do it) moderate cardio a few times a week for 30 minutes, enough sleep, getting enough overall calories, and sticking with the plan.

You can also wear compression gear for high intensity workouts where the skin is loose to minimize tugging on the connective tissue. Sort of like wearing a bra to keep your boobs from sagging, you want to keep the skin in place when you're bouncing around.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I never knew this was what compression gear was for. Makes perfect sense but it never occurred to me - I always thought it sounded restrictive.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nope, unless you've got the right genetic makeup, the skin won't go away. No amount of losing weight slowly, water, green tea or whatever supplement you care to name will make a difference. Sorry.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I never knew this was what compression gear was for. Makes perfect sense but it never occurred to me - I always thought it sounded restrictive.

It's one use. The main use is that the compression actually prevents muscle strain and helps circulation.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Who knows. I don't really see any loose skin there, you've just got a whole bunch of fat hiding in there. Work on decreasing body fat percentage and see how they look down the road. It's a long road, take it slow.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    Just keep working at it. I think if you dont lose it too fast it should bounce back or most of it anyway because you are young
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Who knows. I don't really see any loose skin there, you've just got a whole bunch of fat hiding in there. Work on decreasing body fat percentage and see how they look down the road. It's a long road, take it slow.

^ this.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nope, unless you've got the right genetic makeup, the skin won't go away. No amount of losing weight slowly, water, green tea or whatever supplement you care to name will make a difference. Sorry.

THIS sorry as you lose in your arm's and thighs it's going to get worse... I've lost 120lbs, starting at 27, now 33. I've lost/gained lost over the last 6 years the 120 lbs,, I workout properly with weights and cardio. I eat clean and its still there in the same spots.. I use vitamin e oil, cocco butter, and lotion to no advail.. AND it sucks!...

DO the best you can, lose what you can, then learn to dress to hide what the weight lose won't get rid of...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

THIS sorry as you lose in your arm's and thighs it's going to get worse... I've lost 120lbs, starting at 27, now 33. I've lost/gained lost over the last 6 years the 120 lbs,, I workout properly with weights and cardio. I eat clean and its still there in the same spots.. I use vitamin e oil, cocco butter, and lotion to no advail.. AND it sucks!...

DO the best you can, lose what you can, then learn to dress to hide what the weight lose won't get rid of...

But you just said you've been yo-yoing between gains and losses during those six years.

And here's an article I copied from mfper Stroutman81 if you'd like to take a read OP:
    http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I saw my shadow yesterday walking out of home depot. I looked pudgy. Slimmer but pudgy. It looked like the hourglass silhouette of a woman who is almost fit but there was a lot of boom ba doom going on.

If a pudgy woman sees her own shadow what does that mean six more weeks of? Protein? Cardio? Cal deficit? Weights? Or does it mean rain?

groundhog.jpg

Meanwhile some home depot "aficionado's" were being way too obvious in their vocal appreciation of my wares.

blog_graphic_groundhogDay021.jpg

Meanwhile husband is trying to get used to this new appreciation of the me in public so he was pretending he did not know spanish and had no idea what "chichona" means...so he put them on IRL "ignore"...we kinda both had to.

109.jpg

Meanwhile the whole situation made me feel a little uneasy and "on the spot" and overexposed and paranoid.

groundhog-day-shadow-animated-gif-animation.gif

So, yeah, I'm gonna agree with you that at any size less jiggle and more muscle tone are better. My weight loss has been characterized up to now by cal deficit, cardio, and strength training in that order of priority. My strength training hasn't been as high as I would like it to be so I hope to make that more of a priority from now on in hopes it will tighten things up.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

OP, I'm 42 years old. I started at 265 lbs, and thought for sure I'd have all sorts of loose skin and such. I've lost about 100 lbs now, and still have a fair bit of fat to lose, but I'm not terribly concerned about loose skin because I don't see things "getting worse" as this person I've quoted has said. That is definitely not my experience, at all. I'm losing inches off all those places where I thought there would be a bunch of loose skin, and nothing is really hanging or looking "loose" at all. I eat pretty well, have lost my weight slowly, drink water, and lift weights. I walk everywhere. I don't do much beyond that as far as cardio or any sort of special potions, including wheatgrass and all that other stuff (cocoa butter, etc).

Lose the fat at a reasonable pace, lift weights, and see what happens. It's hard to know what sort of skin issues you might have until you're fairly lean, anyway. So long as there is still a considerable amount of fat living underneath the "loose" skin, it's just not so easy to say.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options

THIS sorry as you lose in your arm's and thighs it's going to get worse... I've lost 120lbs, starting at 27, now 33. I've lost/gained lost over the last 6 years the 120 lbs,, I workout properly with weights and cardio. I eat clean and its still there in the same spots.. I use vitamin e oil, cocco butter, and lotion to no advail.. AND it sucks!... DO the best you can, lose what you can, then learn to dress to hide what the weight lose won't get rid of...

But you just said you've been yo-yoing between gains and losses during those six years.

And here's an article I copied from mfper Stroutman81 if you'd like to take a read OP:
    http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html

Thanks for the read and I do all those things l... for the record I didn't 'yo-yo' .. I always maintained a net loss..( (down 50 1st year, down 30 year 2, up 15 year 3, down 45, maintained for a year, down 10 this year) but anyone being over weight whole life and then tackling weight loss, we're all a little screwed.
    I have meet noone in real life that doesn't have skin issues from weight loss, who lost more than 50lbs...

We can all hope, but it's not like TV don't get your hopes up is all I was trying to say.