Healthy Portable Lunch Ideas?

Options
:D Yep grocery shopping for the first school week of the year. Need to buy some things I can make healthy lunches with that are also portable. Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• SaraA07
    SaraA07 Posts: 43
    Options
    left overs from dinner the night before (just put it in tupperware)
    sandwitches
    salads

those are my go tos for bringing lunch to work
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I completely understand what you mean by portable. Obviously, almost anything, including uranium, is portable. Are you looking for foods that don't need to be on ice or foods that don't need to be heated or foods that you can prepare quickly?

I heard people talking about this thing called a sandwich. You take some meat and cheese and veggies and place it between two slices of bread. Seriously, though, sandwiches are the way to go. They are the perfect lunch food. If you're looking for a recipe, I have a favorite from the MyApartmentTherapy website. It's a chicken salad sandwich that uses a vinaigrette instead of mayo. And it has roasted red pepper, raisins and toasted pecans, celery, red onion. I sometimes put a slice of bacon and cheese on mine. What's nice is that you can make a big batch and have sandwiches for three days. Fresh fruit is a good complement for a sandwich, too.
  • ragingmrs
    Options
    My mother in law likes to pack lunches for sensation. The points she tries to hit are sweet, salty, sour, crunchy and soft. She will have several small baggies of things like nuts, potato chips, fruit, a half sandwich. That makes it easy for her to break it up for different times of the day as she is hungry.:flowerforyou:

Costco has snack size bags of carrots, 100 calorie packs of jerky, actually a lot of 100-150 calorie portion snacks that are perfect for part of a portable lunch.
  • sjberrier
    sjberrier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For my daughter's lunch that I pack for her some go to's are left overs from the night before as her school allows them to use a microwave when needed... plus a little salad and/or other sides. Fruit. Veggies. Sandwiches. Sometimes I try to do cute/fun things like fruit/veggie/cheese kabobs... she loves them. If you're a meat eater then you can throw some lunch meat or cooked chicken on the kabobs and let them eat it cold. Anyway, those are our typical lunches. You can even do soups when you're in the mood. For me, I honestly like to have small meals and just graze on snacks throughout the day... so I like small baggies of veggies, fruit, nuts, cheese/crackers, etc. Good luck!