The Stick

Options
Right now I am battling hip bursitis and IT Band issues. Looking to buy The Stick. Not sure what size I should get or if it is worth the money. I run - bike and do elliptical. Throw in some walking on easy days. May get into strength training, not sure on that one yet. I am 5'2 and weigh between 140 - 150 pounds (actually I am about 145 pounds right now). Is one brand better than another?

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    get a rumble roller
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If you're referring to something like a Tiger Tail rolling massager, I love mine. (I have the 18" version.) I got it for tight calves after going a little too hard, too soon at minimalist running. But I've used it more to massage my husbands tight upper back actually. I've also used it on my shins. I've also used a foam roller when tight--the hard the roller the better. (For my hips, getting a good gel/foam mattress topper--from Costco, in my case--made a HUGE difference even though we had a plush bed. I was told that under the plush, things were still too firm and pressing up too hard through the plush. I didn't believe it since I typically prefer firm, but it worked! I would definitely recommend a good one though.)
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it! I use it after cycling and running. I got the longer one and can use it to massage in-between my shoulders. It comes with an insert that shows you so many different uses when I used to just use it on my calves, shins and quads.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks all