Strength Training

Options
Do the things you do for the "strength training" section of exercise not burn any calories? (ie bicep curls, push ups etc)

Replies

• shagybear33
    Options
    Look under cardio exercises to get the calories burned for strength training. :D
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    they sure do. i work out with a heart rate monitor. i can get the calorie burned amount for any activity, listed or not.
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm with Paige on this one, I added a boat load of strength training into the exercise section and it didn't say anything in the cardio section about calories burned (and it wouldn't make sense if it did since it's....the cardio section). I haven't bothered adding any more in since it doesn't track the calories burned. I'd love it if that part worked since I don't use a monitor and would rather not have to deal with that on a daily basis when I could simply "add recent" from previous workouts.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The strength training part is just to monitor your progress.

You can also add strength training in the cardio section which will give you the calories burned. For example for me I add 10 minutes strength training for 51 cals when I do my quick weights before the treadmill.