insanity.... i must be

Options
Hello people

im 21 and 6'2" and about 19stone

ive always been big even since childhood but very built up and strong

ive tryed different things in past but wasnt to bothered but now i want to change it around

i recently bought insanity not to lose weight as such but to get fitter

i done the maths and worked out that i need about 1600 to lose weight whilst doing insanity, but i find the nutrition guide is going to be a challenge due to money

my usual diet consists of porridge in mornings, lunch is soups and a large meal for dinner. which im going to change to the 5 meals insanity recommend

can i still eat my porridge and soups but just add more for calories, and cut down the dinner size

and also

which protein powders should i take

as i can only seem to find maximuscle, sci mx and holland and barrett but dont really know which will work best

thanks
matt

Replies

• dannyS1KRR
    Options
    Alright mate,

seems we are similar heights and builds, i started insanity 2 weeks ago. best thing i ever did....im fitter and losing an inch of my waist each week....lost 2 inches so far. weight im not sure as im working on a vessel offshore and cannot get a good reading due to the ship rolling....but i can see a difference easy.....

i use Kinetica Whey Protien whilst doing the program as i find it recovers me quickly and enables me to put in more effort on the workouts......

my diet consists of:

breakfast: porridge
    morning snack: protein shake
    lunch: tuna or chicken salad and fruit
    afternoon snack: protein shake
    evening meal: two tins of tuna in spring water, 2 spoon fulls of rice, lots of veg (broccoli etc)
    evening snack: post workout protein shake

im limited to choice as im working on a ship, but im quite happy........feel a lot more alert, less tired during the day and getting stronger and fitter by the day.....i was 234 Lb when i started....i should think i can easily be 200 Lb's at the end of the 60 days

hope this helps
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think your maths is wrong if you're 6ft2, 19 stone and only eat 1600 cals doing insanity....

I am 5ft5, 133lbs and I NET 1800 cals to lose bodyfat while doing insanity.

Gross 1600 is very low given your size and the intensity of the workout.
  • dannyS1KRR
    Options
    yup! i agree....1600 cals a day is not enough on insanity??? unless this is your Net....after workout?? and even then its quite low!
  • DrChewy
    DrChewy Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah..... SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!

totally got it wrong, so its

66 + 1657.18 + 939.8 - 142.8 = 2520.18

2520.18 x 1.55 = 3906.279

3906.279 - 500 = 3406.279

so thats a bit different to my screwed up maths lol ?!?!?

that seems a lot

but is that right?

P.S. Thanks for your replies people :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Seems better!