Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My NSV!

saragd012
saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
Yesterday was a huge NSV for me. I have tried running off and on for a few years now, failed a few c25k programs along the way, and just generally disliked running. I'd get up to like a mile of running, run a mile a day for a few months, stop, and never start back. Well, about 4 months ago my mom asks me to start running with her, another c25k, ugh. I agreed because she needed a running partner and I knew I needed to get more active, besides its my mom, how do I say no to my mom?? When I started the program 2 minutes of running was horrible, so very horrible, I only stayed with it for my mom. Then something happened, I started getting distance on me, we started doing races, I started running BY MYSELF on the weekends "just to see".

I still hated running while I was running, but races were fun, and I started to become extremely motivated by the idea of one day being able to run along with my dad (a marathon runner). Also, lets be honest, my legs were getting so much slimmer, hello motivation.

Well, yesterday I had another race, a smaller race of like 400 people. Something absoluetly unbelievable happened, I decided to really push out the final half, and I won 1st place in my age bracket!! I've never been super athletic, despite making quite the effort as a kid, so this is a huge thing for me.

I think I can finally say, with full confidence and pride, I AM A RUNNER.

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Wow, what an awesome story! Congrats!
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    That's amazing!! Way to go!
  • And you looked comfortable coming across the finish line. Like you were having fun, appreciating your accomplishment. Everybody starts with the first mile, some quit, some become addicted. There are a lot worse things to become addicted to. Great job!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    What a cool story. Congratulations on all your successes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!