Please post small scale losses, but big visual losses

Options
2»

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have the apposing issue, I've lost close to 80 pounds from my heaviest and can't the difference at all. Some days that's quite depressing.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I have the apposing issue, I've lost close to 80 pounds from my heaviest and can't the difference at all. Some days that's quite depressing.

daaang! 80 is amazing though! You might not be able to see it, but I'm sure there's a big difference! Think happy thoughts <3
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs over 2 years. It still doesn't feel like much scalewise but it did make some difference with regards to my body composition.

Me two years ago where my tummy jutted out more than my boobs:tongue:
    Before.png

Me now:

0ddad55a-cc14-451c-99f6-1ebf7346538a.jpg
    77f25bc6-f19e-4f14-bf15-5d831038518e.jpg
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Galathea, you look phenomenal! It looks like much more than 25 pounds -- you've really changed your body. Great inspiration!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I gave up the scale and now focus more on my pictures and inches.....

The first picture is First of June to End of July...

89316390-0351-4307-9a5f-7809aac3b259_zps4d6c7540.jpg

This is First week to week progress in August...excited for this week progress

0ed13a17-ca7d-42d0-97df-ef6aa0ed2ed0_zps454be192.jpg
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 20 lbs in two months. Im 5'9" and 178 lbs but I think I look like I weigh less than that. Ive been doing some cardio 3x a week (Zumba), but I eat back my exercise calories, sooo haha. I also lift heavy weights 3x a week. My tummy has toned up a LOT as well as my arms, but you cant see that much in this picture.

538fdf2f-39e9-4a95-8ba5-872daef58b6b_zpsa81196dd.jpg
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    WOW Galathea, sexylovinme and hilaryhill! You all have some awesome transformations! Thank you so much for posting!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 20 lbs in two months. Im 5'9" and 178 lbs but I think I look like I weigh less than that. Ive been doing some cardio 3x a week (Zumba), but I eat back my exercise calories, sooo haha. I also lift heavy weights 3x a week. My tummy has toned up a LOT as well as my arms, but you cant see that much in this picture.

538fdf2f-39e9-4a95-8ba5-872daef58b6b_zpsa81196dd.jpg

Girl, that is not small scale change and big visual change.

That's an awesome scale change and amazing visual! You should be crazy proud.
  • Kasuko
    Kasuko Posts: 42
    Options
    I can't post pictures (never took a before one) but I can tell you FORGET THE SCALE! I would even recommend never using one again. Your body is such a weird thing that weight can fluctuate so easily. You have to ask yourself ... "do you really want to be lighter?" and I am referring to the actual definition of lighter. Unless you have some weird sort of fetish where you like to be picked up and swung around then being "lighter" usually means nothing to people. Most people here want to be THINNER, however the scale doesn't measure "thinness".

Get yourself some tailors tape and stop freaking yourself out over weight. If you want to be thin then MEASURE your thinness! I think mommy3457 shows this perfectly. Only 1 pound of weight loss? Well she doesn't care about weight she wanted to look better and she does! Your body does weird things with water and muscle and fat so stop worrying about it.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration when the scale gets me down!
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Haha well 20 lbs for some people dont show much. I'm 5'9" so for tall folks it usually takes a lot of weight loss to see a significant change. But I agree with everyone else on these boards, strength training is where its at...
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

WOW! Okay, so we are about the same height and weight range, but you look so much leaner than me!! I'm starting heavy lifting after vacation is over and am very excited. In the meantime, just know that I'll be stalking you on MFP (in a good way). lol.

Great job! Just the inspiration I've been needing. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Haha well 20 lbs for some people dont show much. I'm 5'9" so for tall folks it usually takes a lot of weight loss to see a significant change. But I agree with everyone else on these boards, strength training is where its at...

That's true! I guess I'm coming from a midget's perspective...20lbs would make me look like a completely different person!

And yes, strength training is where it's at!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!