Just Found This Site

Options
Dieting without support, on my own, sure hasn't worked. I am hoping if I come here every day, this will help to keep me motivated. Perhaps there are some folks here who will give a Newbie a shot. I'd especially like to hear from anyone who is over 40 and battling the "middle age female" syndrome. I'm sick of acquaintances and friends around me, who mean well, but believe that middle age or older means, "just accept the way you look, it's normal for your age group." NOT!

Replies

• Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This site is great for keeping you accountable and helping to motivate you/pick you up when you need it. I've only been here about a month, and wish I'd found it so much sooner! I'm on every day, and love to help and be helped. Sending a friend request now. :smile:
  • nvgirl001
    nvgirl001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using this site as well. I am 61 years old and have always fought the fight (weight wise that is). I don't think there is a middle-age weight issue at all. However, yes, as we age our metabolism slows and in order to lose or maintain our weight, we need to lower calories and increase activity. I currently weigh 150 lbs which is 25 lbs less than I weighed 18 months ago. This still puts my BMI over the normal rate. I am using this site to record my calories in conjunction with a formal 6-month counseling / nutritional program offered through my employer and hope to get my BMI into the 22-25 range.

It's been fun hearing from others. Encouragement is helpful.

I actually have been surprised that what I thought that I was doing right, might not have been so right after all when entering my food intake into the food diary. The results have been insightful and gives me clues of little things I can or have to change in order to bring my diet in line for optimum weight loss.

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. I think you are on the right track by using the tools available on this website.
  • VeeSis
    VeeSis Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 64 and at 5'6", Harvard or CDC or Mayo Clinic (I forget which) say I need to be at a weight of 117 - 143 to be in the healthy weight range depending on my body type. I'm fine boned so I have no doubts I am in the "fat" range. Yes, they call it overweight, but I believe in telling it like it is. Sounds nice to say overweight, but that doesn't hit home with me as much as admitting I am fat!

I guess it will take a couple of weeks entering my food intake on the daily diary before I get recommendations for dietary changes for optimum weight loss?

Thank you for adding me as a friend. Yes, perhaps this site will help me maintain accountability.
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I understand just what you mean,I am 58 and was told it was middle age spread by a doctor at that.I have to say I walked out of there very fast and I have never looked backed! I am on here daily and have wonderful friends who give great support.I I have sent you a friends request and you are welcome to add me if you so wish? I wish you the best of luck on your journey and remember to make it fun! Take care,be kind to one another,smile and be happy:):flowerforyou: xxx