Toning arms!!

Options
Can anybody give me any real good exercises that I can do to lose weight and then tone my arms? I don't have a gym near me so I normally exercise at home and just walk. Any tips would be much appreciated!! :-D

Replies

• shamansa
    shamansa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    just do workouts which target the biceps and triceps. Bicep curls ect

of course, to 'tone' your arms you have to lose overall body fat but there has to be some muscle underneath there to give it that 'toned' look.
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's one that a pilates teacher taught me for strong toned arms. In a seated position w/bent knees, put your arms behind you to support your body. Lift up using your arms to support your body and hold for the burn. Sometimes I bend them and pulsate just to get the extra burn. It works! You will feel it the next day.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Thank you both :)
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands can help with the toning of arms..
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    shakeweight
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Push ups, tricep dips
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    shakeweight
    Shake weight?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    just do workouts which target the biceps and triceps. Bicep curls ect

of course, to 'tone' your arms you have to lose overall body fat but there has to be some muscle underneath there to give it that 'toned' look.

^This

There are great bodyweight workouts you can do. If you buy dumbbells with plates, that will also open up to a lot more exercise variations.

Push ups (halfs, full, declines, diamonds, wide, etc)
    Chin ups/Pull ups (you can get an Iron Gym bar for $30 on amazon)

You can check out You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning, and Nerd Fitness for more ideas. Bodybuilding.com also has a great database for exercises
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    shakeweight
    Shake weight?

Yeah, look for it on Youtube.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    shakeweight
    Shake weight?

Yeah, look for it on Youtube.

That looks plain dumb. I doubt it would do anything =) Gotta love those as seen on tv products!
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Here's a rundown of the shake-weights:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Here's a rundown of the shake-weights:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264

Only viewable in the states...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    There are free workouts on YouTube. I like this one. You just need a pair of weights plus your own body weight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TS4SQD0JjM
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing. Especially Tae-bo Ripped Extreme (or something like that). The punching works both sides of your arm when done correctly, plus he adds some weights work at the end.

Try it at the library first, if you're in the U.S. :wink:
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    Nichi - toning the arms isn't that terribly difficult. There are a million videos you can watch on youtube to help. Easy enough to pick up low level weights at a store like Target. If you did some exercises 2-3 times a day for as little as 15-20 minutes at a time, it'll feel like "boy, that wasn't so bad", but will yield slow, definite results that you should be able to see and feel after a short time. Hope that helps.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a great variety of free workouts from beginner to advanced, with equipment or without. You can choose a cardio/strength based one, hiit, strength. If you use weights (highly recommend you do) just make sure you use weights that are challenging but still allow you to complete all your sets with keep good form.