net calories

Options
If my goal is 1200 calories and I net around 1100 daily after exercise should I lose weight? I also exceed my weekly exercise goals. Am I on track?:huh:

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    You're under-eating by a bit. 1200 net is the bare minimum almost everyone should aim for....and most people really do need more. I lost this weight eating over 1600 net...meaning I usually ate MORE than that. Not eating enough is unhealthy...and ultimately makes it even harder to lose.
  • grandma0561
    grandma0561 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try it:happy:
  • mermaidiaa
    Options
    usually they say you lose weight when you burn more calories in a day than you consume. But don't let that scare you! Outside of the exercising you record you burn calories walking around the house, cleaning, just standing, even sleeping! :smile:
  • tannas25
    tannas25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in people's thoughts on this too. I've been tracking cals on mfp for a month, running/walking 3x/week since Jan. and haven't lost any weight. My diet is healthy--lots of veggies, not a ton of junk. I think I'm doing everything right, but I'm netting low cals like this too. I am SCARED to death of eating a few hundred more cals a day for fear that I'll just gain a bunch of weight. Others say that their weight loss took off after they started eating MORE. This is so confusing to me. My thought is "if I eat more, I'll GAIN weight won't I?" But apparently for some it's the golden ticket.