Home Exercise?

Options
Hi guys,

what is the best form of exercise for burning fat at home? I am thinking of buying 30 day shred or something equivalent but was also wanting to do something extra. I was looking at boxing gloves/pads and possibly kettlebells.

If anyone could help with information, input or ideas. I need to lose this weigh now.

Thanks xx

Replies

• walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I would guess it depends on what you like to do. Me, I like walking and running. I hate weight lifting. So if I were stuck in the house I would probably get a treadmill. But since I live on miles of trails, I'd much rather do that outside.

OTOH, you may like stair climbing or cycling. Or yoga. Or those exercises with the rubber band things...

Any fitness plan you being has to be something sustainable, and if you don't like it, IME, you won't do it.
  • serenere
    serenere Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    One thing that I like that is very effective to burn fat is rope jumping. It doesn't need much space and you can do it at home. Just jumping for 30 minutes every day would give you great results. Actually I don't do that everyday because it's very tiring but if you can manage... :)
  • Benedsmum
    Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks I never thought about the simple things. Just find it difficult to find the time for myself to get to gym so best alternative working out at home while kids are in bed before or after work ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah you got to find something you like. I started with 'slim in 6' and it really helped me get more in shape but it was a drag, frankly. Now I walk a lot and do Les Mills Pump.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I use kettlebells at home...I also have a punching bag...I run...and I love to bike ride.
  • curly1980
    curly1980 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One thing that I like that is very effective to burn fat is rope jumping. It doesn't need much space and you can do it at home. Just jumping for 30 minutes every day would give you great results. Actually I don't do that everyday because it's very tiring but if you can manage... :)

I last 3 minutes!! I find it so hard but I like it...how the hell did I manage it for hours as a kid??! I fantasise about skipping like a pro boxer, all quick and light on my feet making it look soooo easy :-)

I do 30 day shred and a workout using hand weights that a trainer from my gym devised for me.
  • bruinschick13
    bruinschick13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE working out at home! No need to buy gas or a membership, lol.
    I've done all sorts of programs, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, Hip Hop Abs, etc. They are awesome!
    If you're looking to check them out let me know and I can shoot you a message.
    I have lost so many inches with these programs. The great thing is they come with a nutrition guide to help you in that department, too.
    If you get a free coach BEORE you order, you get FREE items, too!
    I have a closed FB group if you're interested. Some people. In there do the programs, some do other things. We help motivate each other, it's fun! :smile:
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    Dependin on where you are you may not have heard of her, but I have done Davina McCall workout dvd's for a while now and they're great as you don't get bored and you get great body tone if you do them regularly. These involve own body weight and cardio exercises as well as some dumbell work.

I also have a step and do that while I'm watching tv :-)
  • Benedsmum
    Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was looking for the insanity as I had heard good things but its expensive here in uk. Looking for cheap and cheerful lol

I was doing 30 day shred from you tube for a while after having my little one and was really enjoying it, only fell away from it due to a bereavement in the fail and never went back.

All these suggestions are fab thank you all so much x
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I love to do Jillian's 30DS and RI30. I also like Denise Austin's Body Boot Camp dvd with athletic training, kettle bell inspired workout, and ab blaster. An oldie but goodie, The Firm Super Cardio Mix is a really good workout, if you can find it. All of these videos incorporate dumbbells, but The Firm also uses a step and a ball. I use a Rubber Maid kitchen step and a weighted genie ball. If you don't want to spend money on lots of dvd's, check your local library, sometimes they have some to check out. There is also youtube, if you have the bandwidth (I don't.)
  • Som2224
    Som2224 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just found fitnessblender on youtube.com. It is a bunch of free workouts on youtube- just type in fitnessblender and it will take you to a huge selection of various workouts.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has their own website, with about 250 video of all kinds and all lengths and all difficulty levels. It's wonderful
    fitnessblender.com

Also, for more of a cardio workout, Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds videos are great. Several of them are on You Tube. She also has her own site, but I think you have to register in order to see the videos. And they're really inexpensive at Target.

There are also just bunches and bunches of workouts on You Tube. Just type in what you're looking for (cardio, yoga, low impact, HIIT, etc) and you'll find a lot to choose from.
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dependin on where you are you may not have heard of her, but I have done Davina McCall workout dvd's for a while now and they're great as you don't get bored and you get great body tone if you do them regularly. These involve own body weight and cardio exercises as well as some dumbell work.

I also have a step and do that while I'm watching tv :-)

I have not long started this App too, Davina can be a killer but the old motto of "No pain, no gain" comes to mind :laugh:
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use the Biggest Loser DVDs, use my dad's elliptical, and Jillian Michaels DVDs. Sometimes it's hard to know how to log them though.
  • AnnElizabeth11
    Options
    I love working out at home as I have 2 kids, it makes it easier, it's more convenient and you can switch on your favorite tv show or movie, or workout DVD and just go to town. I've downloaded almost every Jillian Michael video she's released, i've also got insanity, chalean extreme, turbo fire, plus dozens and dozens of zumba workouts ranging from 30-60+ minutes, and some yoga on days i just feel like doing some light exercise. I love using a kettle bell to do squats/lunges with. I love resistance bands more than anything though. I have 4 different types so I can switch up how much effort it takes and I use them to do arm curls, tricep curls, you can use them to work out legs too, there very versatile. I also found a medicine ball is great to have to help you with core stability and balance, if you sit on it whilst doing like crunches or even arm curls your focusing not only on your form, but keep yourself in one place without going all over everywhere haha. Try a bunch of stuff and have fun with it, find out what works best for your body and find something you won't get bored of doing :)
  • StrongBodyX
    Options
    I prefer body weight exercise for my home workouts, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. there are a lot of effective exercises you can do with just your body weight. I also incorporate dumbbells and resistance bands.

When you can workout at home it saves a bunch in gym fees and travel time to and from the gym. I also like using exercise bands, or mini bands on the days I do more of a aerobic or cardio workout. I also mentioned this in a different thread but, I use Level X exercise bands mostly for glute and plyometric type of exercises. You can find these on Amazon >> http://twe.to/fo8v .

Here’s also a discount promo code that one can surely apply during checkout >> GP5TVQ4M <<. I believe it is for a few bucks off. Check'em out if you are searching for resistance exercise bands.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells and running. :-)