Shut up and exercise!

Options
Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
Ok..so I have been doing Sweatin' To The Oldies 3 days a week for the past 2 weeks.

Halfway thru the video, I would be so out of breath I thought I was gonna tip over a few times. Well, it dawned on me Wednesday that maybe the reason I get so out of breath is that I SING along with the songs while dancing up a storm and umm..that doesn't work too well while Twistin' and Shoutin' hehehe

So, today I fought off the urge to sing a long and had a wonderful workout...:blushing:

Teeheeeheeee:laugh:

Replies

• Losing_It
    Options
    Ok..so I have been doing Sweatin' To The Oldies 3 days a week for the past 2 weeks.

Halfway thru the video, I would be so out of breath I thought I was gonna tip over a few times. Well, it dawned on me Wednesday that maybe the reason I get so out of breath is that I SING along with the songs while dancing up a storm and umm..that doesn't work too well while Twistin' and Shoutin' hehehe

So, today I fought off the urge to sing a long and had a wonderful workout...:blushing:

Teeheeeheeee:laugh:
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I wonder if you burn more calories by singing along? :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At least you are having fun with it!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG! Too cute! I do it too...sing along with EVERYthing!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's awesome! Richard Simmons is hilarious in those short shorts.

I am glad you had a blast!! Keep it up.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I used to do those videos with my mom when I was growing up, and now I want to find some for myself, I love them!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    HAHA! That is awesome! I miss my Richard Simmons tapes....he was always good for a giggle while working out.
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Options
    me too, I sing my 90's dance songs while running, and it is 11:00 and still singing the same songs since 7:30. I think that's a very important part. Have fun!!!!!!!!! :smile: :laugh:

75038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I used to do those videos with my mom when I was growing up, and now I want to find some for myself, I love them!!!!!:bigsmile:

You can get the whole set on DVD at Wal-mart.com for like $32!!!!:bigsmile:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can use your singing aloud to gauge your intensity. If you're working at a high intensity, you should not be able to speak/sing more than about 10 words, and even at that you should feel winded and not easily speak/sing.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was the only one who loved Richard Simmons, my husband laughs at me every time lol!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

ahh! that is awesome thank you!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Oh, Oh don't tease like that....for real...I may need to invest....my mom liked em too and she is lookin for a program again.