Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

10 pounds lost 7 more to go! (pic)

Hello!

I know it is not a huge weight loss but I have finally hit the 10lb. down mark and I'm super excited about it!
For starters I am 21 years old, 5'6" and I am a dancer so I have always had a lot of muscle but have always struggled with stubborn belly fat that I just could not seem to shake. In the middle of June 2013 I weighed myself and found myself at my heaviest which was 157 pounds, then on July 1, 2013 (weighing in at 155.4 pounds) I decided that I was done complaining about my weight and decided to do something about it!
So now about 6 weeks later I have finally hit the 10 pound mark and I couldn't be more excited! I still have about 7 pounds to go or so (maybe a little more) but I am making progress!

10lblost_zps666d4378.jpg

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Hello!

I know it is not a huge weight loss but I have finally hit the 10lb. down mark and I'm super excited about it!
    For starters I am 21 years old, 5'6" and I am a dancer so I have always had a lot of muscle but have always struggled with stubborn belly fat that I just could not seem to shake. In the middle of June 2013 I weighed myself and found myself at my heaviest which was 157 pounds, then on July 1, 2013 (weighing in at 155.4 pounds) I decided that I was done complaining about my weight and decided to do something about it!
    So now about 6 weeks later I have finally hit the 10 pound mark and I couldn't be more excited! I still have about 7 pounds to go or so (maybe a little more) but I am making progress!

10lblost_zps666d4378.jpg

I'm trying to fix your pics.

ETA: It worked! great progress! Keep on going!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Congrats! great pics!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Great job!!
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    It's not "how much"... it's that you made a commitment and goal - and you're making excellent progress. Congratulations - looking great!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    grats!..don't make light of your loss.....my 55 may not be a lot to some either and when I get there my 133 may not be to those who have hundreds to lose...it doesn't matter the amount....what matters is that you stuck with it and crossed your finish line!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Great progress! What a difference 10 lbs has made. Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    You are looking fantastic girl! Be proud!
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    7 more lbs sounds like fairly arbitrary number there.. why 7?
  • nicoledemaris
    nicoledemaris Posts: 7 Member

losing 7 more pounds will get me to 140 which as of now is my goal weight!
  • awnye
    awnye Posts: 15
    You look fantastic! The number may be small but I understand how hard won each of those pounds is! What did you change to make the difference?
  • nicoledemaris
    You look fantastic! The number may be small but I understand how hard won each of those pounds is! What did you change to make the difference?

Mostly I just watched my calorie intake. I didn't really stop eating the foods I love I just started paying more attention to the portion sizes that I was eating. I also increased my exercise; I started taking Zumba classes, using the elliptical trainer, taking evening walks and things like that! Nothing too drastic, just small changes.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member

why stop at 140 ?
  • nicoledemaris

why stop at 140 ?

I may not stop there, I may go lower. It depends on how I feel when I get there but for now that is my goal.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Well done, your looking great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!