10 pounds lost 7 more to go! (pic)

Options
Hello!

I know it is not a huge weight loss but I have finally hit the 10lb. down mark and I'm super excited about it!
For starters I am 21 years old, 5'6" and I am a dancer so I have always had a lot of muscle but have always struggled with stubborn belly fat that I just could not seem to shake. In the middle of June 2013 I weighed myself and found myself at my heaviest which was 157 pounds, then on July 1, 2013 (weighing in at 155.4 pounds) I decided that I was done complaining about my weight and decided to do something about it!
So now about 6 weeks later I have finally hit the 10 pound mark and I couldn't be more excited! I still have about 7 pounds to go or so (maybe a little more) but I am making progress!

10lblost_zps666d4378.jpg

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I know it is not a huge weight loss but I have finally hit the 10lb. down mark and I'm super excited about it!
    For starters I am 21 years old, 5'6" and I am a dancer so I have always had a lot of muscle but have always struggled with stubborn belly fat that I just could not seem to shake. In the middle of June 2013 I weighed myself and found myself at my heaviest which was 157 pounds, then on July 1, 2013 (weighing in at 155.4 pounds) I decided that I was done complaining about my weight and decided to do something about it!
    So now about 6 weeks later I have finally hit the 10 pound mark and I couldn't be more excited! I still have about 7 pounds to go or so (maybe a little more) but I am making progress!

10lblost_zps666d4378.jpg

I'm trying to fix your pics.

ETA: It worked! great progress! Keep on going!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! great pics!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    It's not "how much"... it's that you made a commitment and goal - and you're making excellent progress. Congratulations - looking great!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    grats!..don't make light of your loss.....my 55 may not be a lot to some either and when I get there my 133 may not be to those who have hundreds to lose...it doesn't matter the amount....what matters is that you stuck with it and crossed your finish line!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great progress! What a difference 10 lbs has made. Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic girl! Be proud!
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    7 more lbs sounds like fairly arbitrary number there.. why 7?
  • nicoledemaris
    nicoledemaris Posts: 7 Member
    Options

losing 7 more pounds will get me to 140 which as of now is my goal weight!
  • awnye
    awnye Posts: 15
    Options
    You look fantastic! The number may be small but I understand how hard won each of those pounds is! What did you change to make the difference?
  • nicoledemaris
    Options
    You look fantastic! The number may be small but I understand how hard won each of those pounds is! What did you change to make the difference?

Mostly I just watched my calorie intake. I didn't really stop eating the foods I love I just started paying more attention to the portion sizes that I was eating. I also increased my exercise; I started taking Zumba classes, using the elliptical trainer, taking evening walks and things like that! Nothing too drastic, just small changes.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

why stop at 140 ?
  • nicoledemaris
    Options

why stop at 140 ?

I may not stop there, I may go lower. It depends on how I feel when I get there but for now that is my goal.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well done, your looking great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!