About supplements?

Options
avlama
avlama Posts: 502 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi MFP,

Quick (and maybe) dumb questions, i had previously asked a question here about incorporating weights into workouts, however with the info i was given here on MFP i have also read about supplements. How important are they? I'm new to weigth training, but i was hoping that by working out and eating healthy, it would give me a more toned and fit body. Is this possible without taking supplements?

I'm wary about taking supplements and also they tend to be expensive. Any advice will help, thanks.

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There are no supplements you have to take.
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would recommend taking a multivitamin and fish oil just for general health. A whey protein supplement comes in handy if you find it hard to get enough protein throughout the day. Other then that, just save your money.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would recommend taking a multivitamin and fish oil just for general health. A whey protein supplement comes in handy if you find it hard to get enough protein throughout the day. Other then that, just save your money.

^^yep.

Only a few really work as advertised, and if you are new to lifting you will be much better to spend your time and money on a digital food scale and gym membership/equipment.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    The only supplement I take regularly is creatine, and I'm not sure I need it given my beef intake, and I also take an occasional iron tablet when I fail on my micros.

That said, I use Muscle Milk protein powder a couple of times a week and it's full of supplements . . .but so is breakfast cereal.

So, yea, you can get everything you need from food if you're careful, but find a mix that works for you.
This discussion has been closed.