Try try try again?...

Options
curlysue06
curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
Hello MFPs...

Well, im not new. Ive been at this weightloss journey for two years now. The first year i lost around 80lbs. here is the picture:

2a7sd95.jpg

I couldnt believe that i actually did it. Im the type to lose weight then gain it all back, but i stuck with it and lost the weight. Then this past year, with the goal of 30 lbs to lose in mind, i was finding myself getting stuck. Ive managed to maintain most of the year with the exception of gaining 10lbs in the last few months. I have found the second year the hardest year yet. My body got used to my routine and decided to stop losing the weight. So i became slightly discouraged and decided to take a break from some things to recollect my thoughts the past few months.. It has been hard to get back to this... to WANT to do this... it just has been a struggle emotionally this past year... but after my time away to gather myself, ive decided to not let myself ruin my accomplishments...So that is why im writing this today because...

Im back. Ive returned with an improved attitude, a new exercise routine and new goals in mind. This third year of my journey is going to be the year that i lose my 30lbs! My point of writing to you? well, im looking for supporters.. I need them now more than ever to help me get to my goal. I, too, will support you & help you reach your goals as well. If any of you are interested in being MFPs please add me or message me. Im looking forward this new year and getting to know all of you!

-Curly

Replies

• MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far. What a contrast in your pictures. And to maintain all but 10 pounds for the second leg has been a great accomplishment, too - as is getting back to business now before things get out of control.

Congratulations on your success to date and for your renewed efforts. You can add me if you'd like...I'm only 35 pounds and 2.5 months into this journey, so I plan on being around for awhile. lol
  • khshaw
    khshaw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First of all, let me say as I've said before many times. You. Are. Amazing! What you have done with your life is something you should be so proud of. I understand the struggle when you feel like you're trying, but nothing seems to happen or change (at least that you notice). When that's the case, just try to remember that being healthier overall is very important. I know you want to lose that last 30 pounds and that you've had a tough time since they're hanging around. But you're still doing your body good by treating it better, even if it might not show in inches or pounds. Don't get discouraged by the scale! Your body will thank you for being active and eating better in other ways--you might not see it now, but maybe you've added years onto your life with this lifestyle change.

I know this is tough and that you're starting to lose your enthusiasm, but YOU CAN DO IT!! Try new healthy foods. Try new workouts (maybe join a gym where you can try some classes you've never done).

I might not be very eloquent with my words, but you've got my number, my FB profile, and this MFP profile. In all sincerity, if you need some encouragement, just hit me up! If you just let me know you're having a hard time finding some motivation for a workout one day or need some encouragement to not eat something naughty, let me know and I'll yell at you to get off your *kitten* or shut your pie hole (pun intended). Love you, girly! And you got this!!
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you kirstie! It was perfectly written. I think i just keep getting inside my own head. it is my downfall! Thank you so much for being such a great supporter and friend. Im glad we've kept in touch after college! Im looking forward to staying in touch through out the years! Youre an awesome person. Ps i love all your blogs. I know ive told you that before but they truly are awesome and very helpful!
  • khshaw
    khshaw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Get it girl!!!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have to get back on the horse every day! Feel free to friend me. I'm on every day and am very supportive!
  • Trisha_Williams
    Trisha_Williams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi my friend, i agree with khshaw, YOU CAN DO THIS. i have been with you nearly all the way, i have been up and down so many times and you have been there all along plodding on losing the weight and giving encouragement to others. I know you will not give up now, you have worked so hard for this so THANK YOU AND YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow, I felt like I was reading my own story! My time frame is a bit different than your, but I too have been at a standstill since January of this year! I have 15 pounds to lose for my final goal weight. I have lost a total of 60. I've been struggling with the eating part and have been very lucky that I've kept up with the exercise or I would have gained!

I would love to offer you support and maybe we can kick these last pounds together!! I believe we will need to keep reminder ourselves we've done this before and remember how far we have come!

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!