HELP!! picky eater here!!

Options
Hi All :flowerforyou:

As you have probibly just read im a picky eater and i need some help for
good recipies or good foods

I will give you some examples of food i cant stand :sick:

Any kind of fish!!! Yuck!! Eggs unless scrambled with backed beans(to help with the taste) Red meat such as steaks but i can eat sausage ect ect, Mushrooms, Brockely, Tomatoes (but i like tomatoe sauces and things just not a raw tomatoe), Any cream preducts exept ice cream lol, and banana's!!

And someof the foods i love:heart::heart: :heart:

Pasta, Pizza, Meatballs, Turkey Kieves, Turkey Drummers, Beans, Chicken, Noodles, Pepers, Iceberg lettuce, Turkey, Cous Cous, Cabbage, Turnip and Gammon oh oh and Potatos any kind of potatoes lol

And i get that the foods im eating now arnt realy the healthyest of things so i would like some advice on any recipies for chicken dishes or even a good sandwich for lunch anything would realy help me out here!! i am willing to try new things but none of the above stuff sorry but i cant even pretent that i would eat that stuff! :sick:

anything would help realy and i mean anything! if there are any other fussy eaters out there gimmie hand here lol

feel free to add me if you want!:heart:

Thanx in advance

Rachael:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael and welcome aboard!

I took your favourite food list and commented on them, hope you don't mind.

Pasta, - wholemeal pasta is great, use in moderation with a tomato based sauce and maybe some peppers and chicken
    Pizza, - Avoid! lol
    Meatballs, - make your own lean ones with turkey mince - much lower cals and fat
    Turkey Kieves, - I DARE you to check out the fat and cals in one of these?
    Turkey Drummers, - not too bad if baked and not fried
    Beans, - again ok in moderation
    Chicken, - I LIVE on grilled chicken lol
    Noodles, - go for the low cal versions and again in moderation
    Peppers, Iceberg lettuce, - WOOT! Add to everything!
    Turkey, - nice low cal option - have it grilled, in salads, in pasta or on sandwiches
    Cous Cous, - can't really comment as I rarely eat it but I think it is relatively low in cals
    Cabbage, Turnip - eat them!
    and Gammon oh oh and Potatos any kind of potatoes lol - Grilled gammon is high in protein but low in fat! Have it as a weekly thing but avoid having too many potatoes - maybe a small baked potato occasionally?

Your favourite foods are pretty ok really! Just remember to log everything you eat into your diary!

Add flavour to things with hot sauce or low cal dressings

You will do fine!
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael,

I've posted my recipe for turkey-pork meatloaf. It's fairly low fat, filling, and tasty:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Equilibrium/view/pork-turkey-meatloaf-41679
  • mandy2128
    Options
    You do not have to avoid pizza!!! Just make it a healthier way. Dont order it! Take an english muffin, top it with a little tomato paste and seasoning (basil or italian.. season of your choice) then add a little fat free mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. There you have it! A low calorie pizza! :)

Have you ever had shakeology? Im not a beachbody coach.. so im not "selling" the product. But i drink it myself. It is a delicious chocolate drink that has so many healthy ingredients in it!
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael,

Since you like sausage, pasta, and peppers, I put up a blog post of what I'm cooking for dinner tonight:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Equilibrium/view/pasta-with-sausage-and-peppers-41835

Now I know you're not a fan of tomatoes, but the tomatoes in this recipe are roasted so the texture is quite different.

Give it a try some time and let me know what you think.
  • oJoyGasmic
    Options
    I find going for veggie meals easier as it's a healthy low fat, low calorie option. Try making your own soups, and stews. Veggie curries or curries in general.

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/vegetablevegetariandishes/r/vegcurry.htm
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    What about curry? I have a really healthy chicken curry recipe that I've already forced on everyone I know, lol. I also do chicken burritos, turkey cottage pie, topped with mash, and we've even done bangers and mash with the reduced fat sausages at Tesco, also a spag bol sort of dish, and lots of other healthier versions of dishes we can't live without. Let me know if you want any of the recipes.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options

I will give you some examples of food i cant stand :sick:

Any kind of fish!!! Yuck!! Eggs unless scrambled with backed beans(to help with the taste) Red meat such as steaks but i can eat sausage ect ect, Mushrooms, Brockely, Tomatoes (but i like tomatoe sauces and things just not a raw tomatoe), Any cream preducts exept ice cream lol, and banana's!!

And someof the foods i love:heart::heart: :heart:

Pasta, Pizza, Meatballs, Turkey Kieves, Turkey Drummers, Beans, Chicken, Noodles, Pepers, Iceberg lettuce, Turkey, Cous Cous, Cabbage, Turnip and Gammon oh oh and Potatos any kind of potatoes lol

And i get that the foods im eating now arnt realy the healthyest of things so i would like some advice on any recipies for chicken dishes or even a good sandwich for lunch anything would realy help me out here!! i am willing to try new things but none of the above stuff sorry but i cant even pretent that i would eat that stuff! :sick:

Rach,

I have to be honest with you.

Part of making a "lifestyle change" is to change the way you think, feel and see food. You don't have to do it in one day or in a week. But, to be really honest, if you want to see the pounds shed, you will have to start disliking some of the food on your "like list" and start liking some of the food on your "dislike list". You don't have to drop everything or like everything, but I really feel that you have to start liking some of the "dislike list" and start not liking some of the "like list".

For me, the hard foods that I had to drop, or eat less of are: noodles, Starbucks frappaccinos, tapioca tea, duck meat, fried chicken... I know some of these things are probably disgusting to you. But, I wanted a new and healthy lifestyle. Drinking my calories was what made me gain 20 lbs overnight. I didn't all of a sudden stop eating or drinking these things on my "I LOVE LIST"... but I gradually ate less of them b/c I wanted to be thin more than I wanted to eat them.

When you gradually do this and start living a new lifestyle, you will start to see these foods differently and your opinions will change, after a while.
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    hi zara
    its not stoping eating foods thats the problem lol

but i cant even fathem the idea of eating any of they foods i hate imbeing realy honest about that lol