Stuck at 150 pounds

Options
I started trying to lose weight 7/20/2013 (so fairly recently) and have lost 12 pounds since then I believe. Around 2 weeks ago I was ill and couldn't eat normal amounts and ended up dropping 6 pounds in a week. I was worried I would gain all of that back when I started eating normally again, but I have not thankfully. I am now at 150 pounds, but nothing has budged since 2 weeks ago.

I eat 1,200 calories a day (sometimes less). I know that is low, but currently I am not very active. On days that I am active I eat around 1,500-1,800. I haven't had a cheat day or anything. I suffer from Celiac Disease and thus cannot eat a lot of grains. So I don't eat any bread, pasta, pastries/desserts, etc. that contain gluten in them. I do have rice noodles and other things to substitute, but I only eat those things once or twice a week. I don't consume a lot of sugar. I eat a decent amount of veggies and fruits and lean meats like turkey. I also eat a lot of salads, but with hardly any dressing. And I drink only water (other than half a glass (4oz) of prune juice each night).

Any suggestions to help my weight loss along? I am aiming to lose another 20 pounds and get to 130.

Replies

• Rizjis
    Rizjis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Get more active, have a larger calorie burn, and up your calories to keep your metabolism going. Then wait 2 weeks with the increase in activity and see if that shocks your body into a change.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't long enough to really worry. If you lost 6 in one week because you weren't eating much then it was likely a lot of water weight. When you start eating again (even if still at a weight loss deficit) your body will start building back its stores of what it likes to retain. This does not mean you are not losing fat. Think about it this way: during that sick week you lost a bunch of water and some fat. Afterward, you continued eating at a deficit but you were also eating enough that your body could start building back its water stores at a similar rate to the speed at which you are losing fat. So if you have plateaued for two weeks it is likely you have replaced fat with water which is definitely not a bad thing seeing as fat loss is what you're going for. Keep at it and eventually the scale will go down.
  • YourThoughtsCreateYourDestiny
    Options
    TribeHokie,

Even though my circumstance is different from LexiBrowni13, your explanation was very helpful in answering some of my questions. Thank you!