Struggling with Vanilla Shakeology

Options
BChanFit
BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
I'm struggling with the new Vanilla Shakeology by beach body. (I'm not a coach.) I'll just be honest, so far I don't like it. But I really want to! Especially since I have a whole bag of it to get through this month. :) I've tried it with strawberries, with blueberries, and with milk and strawberry yogurt. So far the last one (drinking it now) is the best but not great and it's hard to get it down. Anyone have any recipes they really love? There are of course recipes out there but I'm looking for some that anyone has tried and really likes. Thanks! If I can't figure this out it will be back to good ole chocolate for me but the variety would be nice. :)

Replies

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm not a shakeology user, but I can tell you with regular protein powders I have yet to find a vanilla I really like. Have you thought about mixing it with some chocolate shakeology? Or another flavor? I love mixing my powders, came up with a delicious chocolate berry. Just a thought, good luck!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Check out dashingdish.com. She doesn't use shakeology for her protein shakes/ smoothies, but her recipes are easy and really good! I haven't tried them all, but I love the girl scout samoa cookie one and the birthday cake one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can return it if you don't like it. It's what I did with the tropical one... yeah I had to pay for shipping but there was just no way I was going to drink more of it, lol.
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    All good advice! Thanks everyone! :)
  • nelidabozan
    Options
    Do u like tropical fruits such as mango, papaya? How about watermelon? I put a few pieces of any of those fruits and I simply love the vanilla shakeology. It's my favorite.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't use Shakeology, but how about adding a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder? I use Vega powder in the chocolate flavor but I like it even more chocolatey so I added cocoa. If you aren't opposed to artificial sweeteners, I've heard of people putting a little powdered sugar-free pudding mix in theirs shakes (maybe butterscotch or pistachio?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, send it back. They have a money back gaurantee. There really is no point in trying to choke down something you don't really like simply to get the powdered nutrition found within which you can get EASILY in better tasting choices.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it you could also try Raw Meal Vanilla or Chocolate vegan protein powder, it's so healthy and full of complete proteins and is amazing on it's own or even better with a frozen banana, ice, chia seeds, and a few raw dates thrown in. I used to have tummy issues with all types of protein powders and shakes until I tried this and now I can enjoy filling protein shakes again. It blends up thick like ice cream :D
  • pinkturbo
    Options
    I must admit, I am a Beachbody coach, and even I don't really like it :p.... which of course was a huge bummer because I have been waiting for it to come out FOREVER! I absolutely love my Chocolate Shakeology, so I recommend sending it back and have them send you a bag of Chocolate... MUCH BETTER! It also makes a big difference in how you prepare it. For my chocolate I use 8-10 oz of Blue Diamond Vanilla almond milk, and 8-10 oz of ice cold water.... MMMMMMM! Good luck girl!
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And as far as vanilla protein powders go, try Isopure Natural Vanilla. It's really very good.
  • ll173
    ll173 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I saw your post regarding the Vanilla shakeology. Have you found a recipe that you like? It's actually my FAV..I love it! I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and organice powdered peanut butter w/1/2 banana. Now that it's fall, I like mixing it with Pumpkin! :) Lorri
  • lynnieval
    Options
    Full discloser. I am a coach. I love every flavor (strawberry's my least "favorite" though). But, my boyfriend tried and didn't like any of them. Vanilla was ok when I added berries. But, when he tried the new greenberry, he LOVED it! with just water and ice. So if you don't get the flavor you like, try different recipes and/or different flavors! I'm off all meds! Now the inside is healed, I've gotta start kicking it up a notch to work on the outside! Good luck!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm with you so far, I do not like the Vanilla Shakeology. I was so excited about it too. Love my chocolate. so far its the only one I actually like! I've tried the vanilla with berries and it was gross. I have also tried it with OJ and almond milk (at the suggestion of my coach) and it was also gross. I really wish I would have tried it within the 30 day window so I could send it back but I was in the middle of a move....so now I'm stuck with it! I would welcome any other suggestions. I have tried other vanilla protein powders and do like them so just trying a different vanilla isn't really an option. I'm stuck with this for now....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the new Vanilla Shakeology by beach body. (I'm not a coach.) I'll just be honest, so far I don't like it. But I really want to! Especially since I have a whole bag of it to get through this month. :) I've tried it with strawberries, with blueberries, and with milk and strawberry yogurt. So far the last one (drinking it now) is the best but not great and it's hard to get it down. Anyone have any recipes they really love? There are of course recipes out there but I'm looking for some that anyone has tried and really likes. Thanks! If I can't figure this out it will be back to good ole chocolate for me but the variety would be nice. :)

Sunk cost
  • Fit4LifeJulie
    Fit4LifeJulie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I sent mine back too! I just couldn't get past the taste with any recipe. I've tried them all and the chocolate is the only one I like.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would send it back. Beachbody is really great about getting a refund and find what you like. I personally really like the vegan chocolate.
  • pammyiam
    pammyiam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree the vanilla flavor is hideous. The only thing I have found makes it tolerable is to add frozen blueberries, a little lemon juice and a small tad of frozen pineapple. I have about 10 packets left so I am going to just finish them off or trade with a friend who will swap his strawberry.
    Most of the shakeology in my opinion takes some getting used to. I am a picky eater so I guess that is why it isn't that appealing to me.
  • jessicagross94
    jessicagross94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter or PB2 made me love vanilla, but I am a huge chocolate fan.

Who WOULDNT want to drink chocolate for breakfast? hehe :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Can you add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder? Transform it into a chocolate shake.
  • chickletfox
    Options
    I'm posting quite a bit late, but sometimes I find (full disclosure: I'm a coach) that just mixing it with water and ice works. A lot of us try to mask the flavour or adjust it but to be honest, on it's own it tastes like cake batter. :)