How long has it taken you to lose the weight?

Options
Many people have the tracker that says how many pounds they have lost. I am curious to see how long these people have been working on their goal.

So if you would please put how long it has been since you started your journey and how long it has taken you to lose the amount of weight you have.

Replies

• newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose 60 pounds. Last year I gained about 20 of it back. Back at it again :)
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    Since January. ...hit 3 plateau's also...
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Almost nine months.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just joined around 5 days ago so my 3lbs were in that time but I lost 11 in about 3 weeks with the Noom app b4 this so that's about 14 in a month & most of those were in the 1st 2 weeks... I was steadily losing a lb per day but every1 pointed out that it's dangerous 2 do it the way I was doing it & that it's slow my metabolism down eventually so I've been trying 2 eat more & lose slower on purpose or I'd prob be REALLY close 2 my goal by now... lol
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it's been around 17-18 months. I started February 23, 2012.
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    55 pounds in 2 years, still in the process. Need to lose 20-5 more
  • cindyrunner
    cindyrunner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost even one pound since I started this journey... Well, I would lose a few but then gain them plus more back... Don't have a clue what I am doing wrong.... I do know that I think I have a dead metoblisim...lol Since I am over 50 I think it died.... Anyway, going to start something new.... And see if it helps....:-))
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    18 lbs since June 3, 2013.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Started May 2nd 2012, have lost 109lbs so far.
  • La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    it's taken me close to 9 months to loss my 21 pounds, but I fell off track in between for 6 months due to a personal loss. So lets say 3 months of dedicated effort... :) Good luck to you!
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for 1 and a quarter years or so? Most of my weight was lost in the first year.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    1 year straight so far
  • kev32uk
    kev32uk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I Started 20th Jan 2013 with mine but fell off the wagon so to speak about May'ish with exam stress and birthdays, but well back on track still to lose another 20lbs, But remember everyone is different some quicker and some slower, as long as you stay focused you'll achieve your goal :)
  • WaterAllsDay
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks in
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It took me 18 months to lose 88 pounds.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    17 pounds in a little under three months. I am female and over 50 so it's taking me longer but there is a steady drop. I've hit a few snags in the road - i don't even call them "plateaus" because i think it's just the way that the journey goes. I lose a little and then don't move, then lose a little, then don't move etc.

My biggest joy is not so much the scale but the other losses - what they call NSV (non scale victory): being able to run up three flights of stairs, fitting into clothing that NEVER fit me, clothing that never fit me suddenly too big, and so on.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Started working on weight loss in late January / early feb of 2012.
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    125 days to lose 45lbs.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Took me about 90 days to lose 41. This month has been more of a maintenance/bulking (I'll use that for my excuse!) month, and then I'll start eating at a deficit again within the next week.
  • bogdansoactar
    bogdansoactar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    About 5 months to lose 19kgs. Sorry bout the metric.