Greek Yogurt

Options
Lately I've been totally loving Greek yogurt! It is so delicious and I hear that it is quite versatile. Today I made a homemade version of ranch dip with it and it was delicious!!!! Of course I still measured it out and didn't go crazy with it.

I was wondering if there are other recipes anyone knows of that incorporate plain Greek yogurt into it?

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Freeze it like ice cream. I get the smaller Chobani 2% fat ones. They freeze so well & it means I got great ice cream.
  • heatherdl2013
    Options
    That's a great idea! Thanks! :) I love frozen yogurt type stuff lol
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    anything that calls for sour cream, you should be able to use fat free plain greek yogurt.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I made a great curry with it. marinated chicken in it over night. was awesome
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I make my own yogurt and I make half the batch Greek. I use the runnier yogurt as a substitute for heavy cream, buttermilk, and whole milk (sometimes). I use the Greek as a substitute for cream cheese, sour cream, and as a dip base. I eat it plain, but the recipes that I make almost every time I make yogurt are tzatziki, ice cream (as a sub for milk in a sub for sweetened condensed milk, if that makes any sense, but I still use heavy cream in this), and an easy garlic marinade that I can use for chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp in a pinch.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt pancakes!
    6oz FF greek yogurt 1/2 cup of flour and 3 tbsp egg whties 1tsp baking soda.. stir it upa nd cook like pancakes! ( i add a mashed nana to it and cook it.. or even fresh blueverries soooooooooo good... proly have that tomorrow in fact :drinker:
    low cal/high protein.. and are bomb!
    makes 4 bigger pancakes or 8 small
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is to eat a half a cup with raw, fresh fruit! Today I had it with a cut up outreach and sine grapes and yesterday I had it with a diced apple and cinnamon! You can add some honey for sweetness if you wish, but I don't think it needs it!
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have a blueberry sauce (berries, lemon juice and vanilla warmed) I put over greek yogurt. Its just like dessert then

I'll have to try freezing it!

I saw an add somewhere from Fage with Bobby Flay using it. Maybe you'll find recipe's at the website??
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    To freeze it you need to have one with some % of fat. 0% fat will just turn to ice & be very very hard. 2% fat seems to work better... it makes it easier to break up, once broken up then just stir it to make it smooth.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I add garlic (maybe 1 t. per cup), lemon juice (about 1 T.), and sea salt to make a yummy dip for veggies. I don't have exact measurements because I adjust it each time.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It is one of the main ingredients in my cheesecakes. I use fat free cream cheese and fat free plain Greek yogurt as the base ingredients. Look up "The Cheesecake Group" in the message boards, then you will see loads of recipes and pictures in that group, especially in the "New York Cheesecake Morph" thread. I have cheesecake everyday!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    And for a basic recipe, I add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder into the plain fat free Greek yogurt and mix in some strawberries for a quick mousse-like snack.