Myprotein - What are your thoughts?

Options
Babarrosa1
Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
Anyone ever order from this site?

I'm thinking of ordering whey protein. I'm having a real issue with getting enough protein in. And I need a lot of protein because I'm doing a heavy lifting program.

Good? Bad?

Also, how has it worked for you?

Replies

• ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased protein from WalMart. There are two types of protein that your body needs. One breaks down much faster and is more readily usable. This is what you want prior to a work out or right after. The other, which is Casein protein takes longer to break down and sticks with you longer. This is the one that you want for meal replacement. It keeps you full longer.

However, I recently went to a high protein, low carb diet and I had to stop taking the protein shakes. With the way I am eating right now I am getting anywhere from 150g to 174g of protein a day from eating lean meats, nuts, and low fat dairy. Probably really don't need to supplement.
  • kpmuzzy
    kpmuzzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just placed my first order here, so I'll see how it is. If you decide to order use my referral code when you register and get 5% off your first order :) it's: MP21236095
  • christhezulu
    Options
    I've ordered from them and it's all good, majority of poeple i know do as well. the nice thing about their site is you get good honest reviews from people who actually use it, and you can tell straight away if they ever change a recipie as people will mention it and some cases complain until it's fixed!

they have a good range as well.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Their products are decent, their customer service is appalling, especially if anything goes wrong. It got so bad, they actually removed the ability for people to post on their Facebook wall at one point.

If you get lucky, and the order has no problems, you'll be fine, but really why take the risk, and reward such a company, when you can go to places like theproteinworks, bulk powders, or maxiraw who have decent products and actually care about their customers.

I can provide referral codes for most of these places if you're interested, but I'm not bothered so much about that, as giving good advice. Don't just take my word for it, check out many of the threads about myprotein on other UK bodybuilding and fitness sites.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've used them quite a few times and never had any problems, i always go for their cashew butter and whatever offer they have on, you can also get cash back from a few cashback sites.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have used them it he past. I prefer the service I've received from bulkpowders, which I've also found to be the best value.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with them at all, and delivery has always been next or day after next.
  • paullee9861
    paullee9861 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do use them, but had 1 problem where they got the order mixed up.

Only 1 problem but the customer service was terrible. They where almost accusing me of cheating.

I had to threaten them with breach of contract to get them to sort it out.

I now use Bulkpowders.co.uk and found prices and service ok good delivery.

I use the pure series £9 for 500 grams.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    - or just eat food and make sure you have around 0.8g protein per lean bodyweight. Eay to get that through just eating right.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i think its a question of taste - i've not got anything there that i particularly liked the taste of. i much prefer ON (optimum nutrition) 100% - IMO, tastes much nicer and just as reasonable on cost.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've literally just ordered some stuff from my protein to supplement what I eat as I struggle to get enough protein otherwise. My stuff came the next day and all was well with the order. Iron science is another good company to look at. Their recovery protein powder does a great job and all items are very reasonably priced