How long has it taken you to lose the weight?

Options

Replies

• fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started on 2nd January 2012.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 lb. since starting January 1st.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i lost 41 pounds and 5 pant sizes in 4 months on mfp! then xmas happend AND a new boyfriend! and thankfully ive only gained a few lbs back... but I can FEEL it.. and im bummed cuz at the rate i was going I would be at goal by now (another 20-25 lbs) last mo was my ONE yr on mfp.. but i lost the most wt in 4mo and overall have maintained since..... I weigh myself every Friday just to see where im at.. not to obsess but the last think i want to do is be at my begining wt again.. (as u can tell by my profile pic its a big diff)!
  • KittyKitty1991
    KittyKitty1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    19lbs since July 3,
    another 20 to loose, Will be extremely happy if it happens as fast as this first 19 has !
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    I don't know when I joined, hahah... But in the past week and a half I've lost four pounds.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 lb. since starting January 1st.

wow in 7mo??? thats awesum!:drinker: :drinker:
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Overall it took me 2.5-3 years.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I joined in Jan 13 and lost the 37.5lb I set out to lose by May. Since May I've lost a further 13.9lb. So in total I've lost 51lb since Jan.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    By my ticker ALONE since Feb 17 2013 @ 197 lbs (started logging exercise) and Feb 21 2013 (logging food). However, I lost approximately 10 lbs from Dec/Jan since I got a really bad case of the flu with severe bronchitis. So INCLUDING when I was sick and a few pounds here and there, from about last summer, (didn't have an accurate digital scale so I'm NOT really sure what I weighted PRIOR to MFP, I've lost approx 40 - 43 lbs.
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started tracking here Sept. '12, I recorded my first loss on 9/9/12 so it's taken me roughly 11 months to lose 70 lbs.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    it took me 6 months to lose 21 kilos, through portioning and cutting majority of the fat out of my diet and walking about an hour 4x a week. This was 5 years ago, since then, joined mfp, worked my *kitten* off and seen no result, gave up and it only took 1 year to put 19 of it back on! TAKE 2 ACTION!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say when I actually started. I joined the gym about a year ago, started taking it semi-seriously about 7 months ago, started taking it very seriously about 5 months ago. 40 pounds lost so far. Probably would be more by now had I stuck with my usual diet and exercise regimen on summer vacations, but I didn't, so that slowed my progress a bit (but no regrets about it!).
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A year and counting, plateaued pretty hard at the moment but I'm not consistently exercising anymore. Started weight training and core strengthening and I go on a couple of bike rides a week and although i'm not losing any weight on the scales, I can see myself slimming down further :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 4/15/13:smile: I've lost 32 lbs to date:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    63 lbs in 7 months (through a low calorie diet, didn't know it was that until I started logging calories through another app), was supposed to maintain already but decided to lose a bit more but through eating and exercise this time. Lost 4 more lbs since June. So 67lbs in 9 months!
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've been here 3 weeks but have lost 6lb. not a huge amount but i have CFS/fibromyalgia so my exercise is limited - very. well, i'm feeling proud of myself anyway :blushing:
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    i've been here 3 weeks but have lost 6lb. not a huge amount but i have CFS/fibromyalgia so my exercise is limited - very. well, i'm feeling proud of myself anyway :blushing:

That's a super loss, 2lb pw. Keep at it :happy:
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    7 years to lose a lil over 180 pounds.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    A bit over a year and a half to lose 123#; I started Jan 9, 2012 at 313#. It's a pain to lose now that I've changed my deficit goal to 250 cals/day. I keep yo-yoing - lose 3# first week of the month, spend next 3 weeks gaining/losing that same 3#.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Start Date: October 20, 2011

Amount Lost to Date: 142.6 pounds

Amount to Goal Weight: 2.4 pounds

Also had a couple of slip-ups and some plateaus.