New beginner

Options
Timothy1962
Timothy1962 Posts: 161
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey, I am new here and have been researching online of how to eat and exercise properly to lose about 50 lbs. I know how important having a support system can be to keep one motivated and I can always use a new friend with similar interest and goals as mine.

Replies

• JENNTF
    JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a new face to MFP. I have been using the sight since January and love it. I have found so many encouraging and motivation people here that have helped me along my journey. I started this journey in January of 2013 and to date have lost 53 pounds and have gained 9 pounds of muscle.

What are you doing to jump start your weight loss? Have you figured out what programs you would like to use yet - as far as workouts go?

I am always here to help, and lend a helping hand or a listening ear. You can add me as a friend if you wish my user name is Jennbig.

Good luck on your journey!! Have a great weekend.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Add me, I was born and raised in The Lou.......
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: your story is very much like mine! i am sending you a friend request & together we can support & encourage each other through this journey!
  • Timothy1962
    Options
    I have researched some online and I think the only way for me to go is by eating natural foods which work with the body to raise my metabolism and get my blood sugar at safe level. I can't believe the unsafe and harmful information I am finding out about ALL processed food including the "diet" and "health" foods that are on the shelves at the supermarket!
  • mmg0327
    mmg0327 Posts: 29
    Options
    Your approach seems a lot like mine: eat more whole foods, eat less processed ones, and exercise more! Sending friend request :)
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I lost about 35 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years now. Feel free to add me!
  • BethHG65
    BethHG65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new and just getting started as well! Always looking for new friends for support! Been walking for almost three weeks and today I hit over 3 miles! Did a happy dance! Ok, so I may be 48 but don't feel it so yeh can act like a fool still. My neighbor just smiled at me!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, always looking for motivational, fun and supportive people :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.