Looking for Baby Boomer Friends

Options
62 And retired Military USMC 68-72, US Army 72-90. Looking for realistic info I'm not 20 any more

Replies

• craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Neither am I, I am retired and will be 60 in a few days. Sent friend request.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    57 here...feel free to add me if you wish.
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    59 in about 6 weeks. Also retired. Friend request sent.
    Will have my husband send a friend request as well.

We're all in this together! :)
  • Raindrop_
    Raindrop_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    59 here, feel free to add me too. I'm just recently starting out. Would like some Baby Boomers to share the pain with! :laugh:
  • knit247
    knit247 Posts: 4
    Options
    Not a Baby Boomer, but thank you for your service to our great country. My husband was in the USMC for 13 years and currently works for the DOD.
  • jmharring1953
    jmharring1953 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Turned 60 in March. Started this journey on August 1st to lose 30-40 lbs. I've given up diet soda, sticking to drinking mainly water....or adding flavor to it. I don't exercise much because I sit at a desk all day and to be honest am too tired by the time I get home to do a 1/2 hour walk. Need to seriously work on that..........

My biggest problem was junk food......LOVE IT!!! Have had to retrain my brain and stick to calorie counting EVERY day. It's a commitment you have to make to yourself to get to your goal. Seems as we get older the weight doesn't come off as easily. Never had a weight problem most of my life but once 50 hit it was a different story.

Best of luck.......you CAN do it!
  • bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and been at this since April 11 2013. I was also in the Army from 69-71.
    I started out in April at 223 lbs. Today I am 170 lbs. I lost 53 lbs . If I can do it u can also!!!
    Stick with counting your calories daily on MFP. I am doing 1200 calories a day.. I now eat better than I ever have!!!
    Before I only ate when I was hungry, no breakfast ever....and I ate before I went t o bed...not good...
    Now I eat 3 meals a day, and I am never really hungry... This am I am having steak and eggs for breakfast...as long as u stick with
    your calories and walk every day...I started out walking one mile, now I do a mile after after every meal. Usually I do around five miles a day sometimes more. The last month I have been walking 3 miles before 6 am.
    Just go back to your military days and remember basic training....how it changed your life.....exercise!!! and eat like an INDIAN..
    No PROCESSED FOODS and a lot of water...We can do this!!!!
    Goodluck my friend, you will overcome this and get back in shape...
    Bill