How long has it taken you to lose the weight?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    20.2 lbs since June 10th -- 72 days
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the exact date but recently I hit the " Gee has logged in 40 days in a row mark " so I'd say I've lost my 19lbs since around the 7th - 9th July.

Roughly a month and a half 19lbs loss. People bare in mind my job is very hard going, thats pretty much the reason Ive been so lucky.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Its been 9 - 10 months for me. I could never have lost this much weight without MFP and all the great advice here
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    18 months...slow and steady hey?
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Started feb 2013....so 6 months approx
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    Start Date: October 20, 2011

Amount Lost to Date: 142.6 pounds

Amount to Goal Weight: 2.4 pounds

Also had a couple of slip-ups and some plateaus.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Well done!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    On 9/12/13 it will be 18 months.
  • kirstysjackson
    Options
    I started in march a month after I gave birth to my second child. not going as fast as I would hope :(
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    57 lbs in 8 1/2 months. slow and steady 2 lbs a week for the first 35-40 lbs then about a 1 lb/week after that.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I've lost 146 in 15 months....the first 100 in 7 mos.
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of January and reached this weight at the end of May, so just under 5 months. I have fallen off the wagon for a few months, so just started again at the beginning of August and am back to what I was end of May. Got another 10lbs to go
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to lose 66lbs. I was eating 1200 calories a day or less for the first year, then I discovered MFP! I think if I'd used MFP from the beginning I may have lost a bit more, or lost it quicker.
  • KFraser84
    KFraser84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8.8 pounds in 8 weeks. About 4 or 5 more pounds to go.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    40-something pounds since about May last year, but 35 since I joined MFP in January this year (YAY for MFP). This has been THE most successful diet ever, doing it the right way - slow and steady, healthy food & portions, and exercise - so this time it is staying OFF. It has to - I've got rid of all my fat clothes :laugh:
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 105lbs since 11/11/11. Unfortunately I fell off the weight loss wagon for 7 months last year and gained some back that I had to lose again... so I'm currently only 90lbs lighter than my start weight. I've lost 105lbs in a total of 15 months of actually losing weight.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    23lbs since January. I'm not doing big calorie deficits because I've lost large amounts of weight half a dozen times in my life, each time by doing something extreme and it simply goes straight back on again. So this time it's small changes that are sustainable for me and slower progress...I'm in no rush, I've spent decades being overweight so a couple of years dedicated to getting it off is fine with me.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39lbs so far. I started February 1st. I have about 5 more to lose. The last 10lbs are coming off really slow. But I found I needed more food the thinner I got and harder I worked out.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Almost 2 years/30 pounds! Very depressing.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Started at around 171lbs last November. Did alternate day intermittent fasting (JUDDD), taking time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities/parties. Got back at it in January and hit my goal weight of 135lbs in March. Called goal and started transitioning to maintenance/stopped doing IF. Since then I've lost another 13.5lbs and now weigh 121.5lbs. Lost the extra weight while experimenting with different maintenance plans, from paleo/primal to now doing a whole foods, plant based diet (which is what I'm staying with). So around 10 months, but 5 of those I wasn't actively trying to lose weight :tongue: