Foods with lots of protein and low carbs

Options
Need some suggestions for food that are high in protein but low in carbs.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt.
    Eggs
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Fish
    Cheese (high fat though)
  • natashaaevans
    natashaaevans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tempeh (pressed and fermented soy beans)! Yummy - very high in protein and low in carbs. Like tofu but tastier and is a whole food (less processed); eggs; protein bars (though be careful because many of these are quite high in calories); chia seeds; whey protein (supplements); vegetable protein (found in many meat substitutes like vege sausages); meat of course.
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, lean meat, fish, whey protein powder, eggs, nuts.

:smile:
  • michaelsdavies
    michaelsdavies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My two favs are egg whites (3 egg whites = 12g protein, 0g carbs, under 1g fat, 48cals) and tuna chunks! If you can get it, biltong (South African dried meat) is also a fantastic source of protein and a great snack. Whenever I'm hungry I have 3 egg whites, a tiny bit of skimmed milk, salt and pepper, whisked up and in a pan - only takes a minute and is great for you!
  • tangdalun
    Options
    These are the things I eat most to get my protein without the extra carbs.

Tyson thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breats: 4oz = CAL: 110, CARB: 0, FAT: 1, PROTEIN: 27
    97% fat free ground turkey (walmart) 4oz= CAL: 140, CARB: 0, FAT: 3.5 PROTEIN: 26

I also drink a glass of (walmart) body fortress super advanced protein power with either skim or 1% milk. 2 scoops of the powder alone has 52g protein and very few carbs.

Good luck!

2201715.png
  • jojo0276
    Options
    Thanks everyone sooooooooooo much for the ideas. I am ready to put them to use!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. My favorite is shrimp! You can eat a big pile of shrimp & gets lots of protein with little calories and no carbs!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Chicken
    Extra Lean Minced Beef
    Fish
    Eggs

xxx